Bonus: Avery

Freshman year

Sitting in biology, I couldn't help but glance to my left. Wanting nothing more than to be closer to him. But no, he was sitting with Jayden and her friends. I mean c'mon man, can he not tell that six girls are sitting around him ogling at him? Or maybe he does, maybe that's why he's still talking to them.

"Oi, class is almost over, love." He stood next to me. Close enough for me to smell his aftershave and toothpaste.

"Really. I hadn't noticed." I deadpanned. Of course I'd noticed, I was watching the time, wanting to get out this hellhole where all girls flirt with my best friend.

"Yeah, pretty wild what you notice when you pay attention." He slid in the chair next to me, our knees touching.

"What? Are you actually smart? Woah." He smacked my shoulder, taking my phone off my desk. He unlocked it with his fingerprint and went to the camera to take pictures of himself. Conceded son of a-

"You say that, but, oh I'm graduating earlier than you. I think I'm smart baby." He winked jokingly. Butterflies definitely didn't erupt. Definitely not.

"Ok, sure." I said, loosing my ability to joke, apparently.

"We still on for after school? Mum and Isaac want to come over too for some reason." He made a face, standing up as the bell rang.

"Yeah, dad's gonna grill. It'll be a party." I made eyes at him and he laughed. The best sound in the world. I wanted to keep it in a bottle around my neck.

"Oh I'm in!" A ugly voice squealed behind us. Jayden.

"Nah it's a family thing." Axel said, shrugging off her arm that I hadn't even noticed was on him.

"But you aren't family-"

"Ok bye." I smiled fakely, pulling Axel along.

"Damn girl." He whistled.

"Hey bro. Scored some, wanna come over?" One of Ax's friends came up. I don't remember his name, but I didn't really care.

"Nah, got a family thing." He nodded towards me, his hand going to my lower back.

"What are y'all like siblings?"

"Oh God no." I blurted out. But it doesn't matter because I'm not in love with him.

"Damn, she's got you hooked. Bye man." Axel waved him off as we walked out the school doors.

"Ready to go home?"

Home. Home. HOME. I couldn't help thinking about us having a home to go back to together.

<~>

Sophomore year

Parties were not my scene. I hated every minute. People were drunk, sweaty, running up against me.

Now, I like getting drunk but I'd rather do it in mine or Ax's bedroom, just us having a good time. Not all these other bodies.

But my stupid best friend convinced me to come here tonight. Saying, 'its my birthday wish. Come to my party' followed by puppy dog eyes.

I couldn't resist his puppy eyes. And so here we are. I'm watching random teens grind on each other. Axel's doing his rounds, since it is his birthday, so I had to sit here by myself.

"Hey." A guy, Brady I think, came and sat on the couch next to me. His breath smelled like beer, but other than that he was hot so I leaned into him and flirted.

"Hi." I flashed him my famous smile. It always makes Ax give me anything I want.

"So, wanna go find a room?" He asked.