24

October

"Hey, baby you wanna go somewhere?" Lou asked me, coming up behind me and cuddling up.

"Where? Like a trip? Cause I have to get this column out ive been behind-"

"No, I got tickets for a film festival in town. It's tonight. Niall and Gemma are coming, cause Niall's a nosy bitch and found out and needed to take Gem somewhere for their anniversary."

"He what?!"

"Oh....I shouldnt have said anything..."

"No! I am going to kill him for not planning anything and then just piggy backing on us. Ugh, I hate him now that he's dating her."

"Baby it's ok."

"No, she deserves to be treating like a princess."

"He does treat her like one, sweets. You know that, she's always telling you about the sweet stuff he does. Now go get dressed, I'm gonna go get Avery dressed."

"What should I wear?"

"Something hot. But Avery's coming so maybe something less slutty than I like."

I slapped him and we walked upstairs. I followed him into Avery's room, smiling in the doorway while I watched him interact with her. After these months we've been together I still can't get used to how amazing he is with her.

We should have another baby! Like now...

No, shut up, brain. Think rationally, I am still not an editor of the blog, which is what I want. Lou's just getting comfortable with his job, we have Avery to think about. Would she be happy? Would she hate it? You can never tell with children. 

"Mummy why you standing dere?" Avery's little voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Enjoying my family."

"Cheesy ass," I heard Lou mutter, making me slap him.

"Ok, you get dressed, baby. I'm going to get dressed too." She nodded and ran to her closet.

"Hurry daddy! I'm too short."

Louis snorted and followed our daughter. 

After getting dressed, I walked down and heard Louis and Avery in the living room. There were also two other voices which meant Niall and Gemma were here.

"...I think its a great idea. I'm happy for y'all. My baby brother is getting married!" Gemma said, happily.

"Yeah man, this is a big step but you both deserve it!" Niall added on.

"Baby brother?" Avery squealed! And I heard them all chuckle.

If only you guys knew....

"Hey guys! You ready?" I said, making my presence known.

"Hey! Of course. This is gonna be fun A!" Gemma said, overdramaticaly. She picked Avery up, who loved the attention.

"Maybe we'll have one running around?" Niall said, smiling wide at his boyfriend holding my daughter.

"Better not be any time soon." I ground out, making Lou laugh. "What is this funny?"

"Oh, you're actually mad. Baby it's ok. He was just saying it'd be nice, eventually. Like us, it's a nice thought, for the future."

"Oh right. Shit guys I'm sorry. You guys will make gorgeous children. Give Avery someone to play with."

"Yesssss!" Avery giggled, hiding her head in Gemma's neck.

<~>

Avery was having the time of her life. She's surprisingly well with very, very loud music. And she hasn't cried once tonight, which is new for her in loud, public places. She's social of course, but when she's tired, shes --no offence-- a nightmare.

She was giggling and begging us to lift her. She even made Niall win her a stuffed animal, which he did happily. I really couldn't wait to have another little one running around for us to spoil.

"Hey, H, can I talk to you?" Gemma asked, pulling me away from our group. "We'll be back!"

"Bye!" Avery squealed, running around our boyfriends.

"What's up?"

"Hold on, we need to be out of earshot."

"What's going on?"

"I think Nialls gonna ask me to move in with him."

"Ok," I said, "Is that an issue?" I added, seeing her face.

"I'm not ready?"

"Was...that a question?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know. Ok? I mean sure I like him, love him, holy shit. Wait, do I love him? We haven't said it to each other, well he has, indirectly. But do I love him back? Because with all of the drama in my life I've never let anyone love me. I've never loved anyone back."

"You've loved me, and mum. And I'm sure you love Niall. Look, Gem, what happened with Dad wasn't your fault. He was a drunk asshole who didn't deserve a family. But you do. Gemma, let yourself be happy. Enjoy something for once. Someone. Because babe, that man over there is head over heels for you. Please don't break his heart. Not if you love him."

"Do I?" She wiped a lonely tear.

"What?"

"Lo..ve him? Can I? After Dad?"

"Of course. I love Lou. More than anything. And we both deserve it. We both can handle it. Our past doesn't define us. Our past that we couldn't control." I hugged her, kissing her forehead. "C'mon let's go to our family."

We walked back and saw Niall crawling around on the ground with Avery on his back. I laughed and shook my head, going to tuck myself into Lou's side.

Gemma grabbed Avery off of her boyfriend and set her down with some food. Food was the way to our girls heart, apparently.

I saw Gemma whisper something to Niall, making him look at her confused. Before she nodded and a huge grin broke out on his face. He pulled her tight and hugged her for a good three minutes, then, he pulled back and kissed her as hard as he could.

When he pulled away, I could hear what he said.

"I love you too, my love."