Chapter 5: The Frozen Bayou

Start from the beginning

Kyle: Well, I would say no...look at how they're dressed.

Shawn uses his binoculars to scope out the area.

Shawn: That trolley is headed towards the bridge...helluva, fortifications there....

Up ahead the railroad was a heavily fortified bridge. To the left of them, was a village and a church on the water.

Shawn: Well, this looks peaceful. A village and a church on the water...

Kyle: Well, we need intel....I'm gonna mark it on my map. I'm gonna go there and find out what I can....take a prisoner if I need to. Margaret, you're our best sniper. You come with me.

Margaret: Got it.

Joseph: I'll go with you, too.

Sarah: Me, too.

Abigail: Can I go with you guys, too? As backup?

Margaret: We don't need a fifth wheel on this ride, Abigail.

Abigail: You mean you don't need me?

Kyle: Hey! Knock it off! Both of you! Until we figure out the situation, I need everyone else here.

Kyle looks down at the boiler deck.

Kyle: James! When can you get the Myrmidon running again?

James: Fuck if I know...gotta check the cylinder, but a full day at best....

Kyle: I see....let's get to it, then....Shawn, you're in charge until I get back.

Shawn: Got it....

After giving everyone assignments, Kyle, Sarah, Margaret and Joseph make their way through the small village. Joseph speaks to Margaret.

Joseph: Admit it. You can envision it. One of these houses. Small white picket fence. A dog.

Margaret: Yeah, I can totally envision a future out here. If you don't mind the Rat-claws and infected.

Joseph laughs.

Joseph: Just saying; gotta have some vision, right?

Joseph points at the church.

Joseph: Oh, and that church. That's where we're gonna hold our sermons.

Margaret laughs.

Margaret: You're a dork.

On the Myrmidon, James continues to attempt to repair the Myrmidon cylinder with no avail.

James: Shit! Fuck! Goddammit!

Cassandra walks up to James.

Cassandra: Any luck?

James: No....

Cassandra: Need a hand?

James looks up at Cassandra, placing his goggles over his head.

James: Sure...why not?

Cassandra ties her hair and helps James make the repairs.

Cassandra: Damn....you weren't kidding....even though those fucks were old, they still managed to D.O.A our train.

James: It's just a temporary damage. Easily fixable.

A short pause.

Cassandra: So, what do you think?

James: Think about?

Cassandra: This place....have you seen the outside?

James: Well, seeing as how this place is damn near flooded to shit and we've got inhabitants....who just opened fire on us....I would say; let's wait to see more and then we'll decide.