The local performers

Timeline???

I sat down quietly on the side of the bench. I need alone time every time I performed, it wasn't like this 5 years ago.

A wave of sadness washed over me, and my thoughts started to drift towards a person I loved, whom I lost a few years ago. I remembered all the fun times we had together, the late-night conversations, and the bond that we shared. The memories of our laughter and tears started flooding my mind, and I couldn't help but tear up.

"Jake!! Jake!!"
I turned around to see my friend, Hailey

"Jake! It's almost our turn" She yelled at me to go backstage

Her face turned from excitement to worry

She then checked the time and jogged up to me

"You okay?" She kneeled down next to me

I look at her beautiful black eyes as her soft hands touched my cheek

"Yeah, um, I'm fine" I said quietly as I wiped my tears away

She just looked at me sadly and kissed me on the cheek.

"It's okay, we'll talk about this later," She said softly as she grabbed my hand

As we walked to our positions, I heard a quiet violinist in the corner backstage. They were behind curtains, I really wanted to run over there and peek in, but Hailey pulled me away.

"Finally!! You guys are so late! Let's goooooo" Zander yelled at us before the stage curtain started to rise.

I took a deep breath and looked over to Hailey. She was sweating a lot, I know she lost her stage fright 5 years ago after our high school competition, but she still gets nervous before a performance.

"Beautiful as always Ma'am" I winked at her as she looked over at me

"Thanks, Jake" She giggled as she turned to face the curtain.

As the curtain was fully up. I could see hundreds of people screaming and fangirling

I suddenly felt the energy rush arise from my body as I took a deep breath.

Here we go again I thought to myself as I began our original song from high school.

Everybody seem to recognize this song immediately and sang along with me. Our song is extremely popular in our city after we blew up.

This performance is for all musicians and singers who grew up in this city. It's supposed to let our high school friends reunite. I was kinda excited, I haven't seen our old classmates for a long time. I've been in touch with Henry and Liam and I'm very excited that they are coming to watch my performance.

"That was amazing!!" Luke exclaimed as we walked backstage

"I know right? As always" Zander winked at us while Luke chuckled, then he put his arm around Zander

I chuckled then realized something

"Oh, guys! I passed by an amazing violinist, I think they're also performing." I said with excitement

We sat down by the VIP section and watched the rest of the performance. This was for local musicians to get to know each other so all performers have a VIP seat.

"Oh, guys. I have to go to the washroom" I suddenly said

"Seriously dude? This suit is hard to take off" Zander laughed at me as I rolled my eyes

"Gotta go when you gotta go!" I said while taking off

The performance place was big. It took me a while to find the washroom, I even got lost on the walk back!

When I got back, the performance was over. I couldn't find any of my friends.

I walked around then I saw Luke alone in the corridors.

"Oh hey, Luke! What chu doing?" I asked

"Hey, Jake! You took a while so I came to look for you, Zander and Hailey went to check out the mini-party but we'll wait for them in the car.

Hailey's POV:

"C'mon Zander! I'm sure it'll be fun, can't hang around your boyfriend all the freaking time!!" I yelled at him

He just groaned and followed me slowly. I was running and waving for Zander to catch up that I didn't notice a person infront of me.

"Wel- Oop!!" A person gasped as I slammed into them

"Oh my gosh! Drew darling! Are you okay?" Another voice shot up from behind

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sor-"

"Wait...

Drew?"