too late?

Jake turned around to see Liam and Henry walk in. They both look absolutely horrible as if they've been crying for the past 5 hours. Henry held Liam's arm tightly, Liam was shaking violently. They couldn't tell if the shaking was from sadness or anger, probably both. Liam's shirt was covered in blood, and so were some parts of Henry's pants.

The club members all covered their mouths, they weren't sure what to say. Jake turned around fully, looking at them up and down then, with a horrified face, he backed up, and Hailey quickly support Jake as he was about to fall.
Everybody was staring at the blood on the two's clothes.

"Oh, this?" Liam said impatiently, pulling his shirt forward for them to get a better view.

"It's Drew's" There were loud gasps going around the room.

Hailey looked at the members. "Maybe we all should go home?" Hailey looked at Liam, then at Henry.

"We need to talk alone, thanks Hailey," Henry said

Everyone from the music club walked out, Hailey cast Jake a worried look and a don't mess things up even more look

"Drew's?..." Jake was horrified, he looked at the blood on Liam's shirt, it was almost dripping.

"Anyways... Drew was the reason you back into the club" Liam continued, shaking with anger as Henry pulled him together. "Are you sure this is a good idea?..." Henry whispered to Liam

"Jake has to know." Liam replied sharply.

"Drew came here, into the music room and told them everything" Liam continued. "He managed to get the full audio and gave it to them, attempting to get you back into the club" Liam sounded like he is about to explode.

Jake just stood there speechless. He tried to process what he had just heard. Drew convinced his own enemy for his sake. Drew hated the music club, but Drew loved Jake. He always thought Drew was the type of person to only do good for himself.

"From the very start, Jake. Drew did everything for you, have gave up his whole reputation to befriend a loser, a freak. That being you of course" Liam said rudely. Henry gave him a nudge. Liam looked back at Henry's worried face, then took a deep breath.

"How many gaming consoles has he got for you and Milo? How much money has he spent on you?" Liam walked up to Jake, stared him dead into his eyes and asked.

"He loved you so much, Jake... He spends thousands and thousands of dollars for your joy and happiness" Henry pulled Liam back a little bit and said quietly.

Jake was speechless. His heart sank and broke. He felt ashamed that he had to be reminded of what Drew did for him. Jake's head hurts and his heart ached, he possibly lost his best friend or more! Forever. Jake's hand clutched his chest, his vision blurred as tears fell down to the floor. He sat down on a nearby chair and sobbed silently. Jake felt like a monster.

Henry gave Liam a look to go out and wait, Liam doesn't feel pity for Jake, he did that to himself.

Henry sat beside Jake and put a hand on his back.

"Drew loved you so much Jake, I don't think anyone could get to the bottom of his heart like that" Henry looked down.

"The day after you yelled at him in here, he passed out. We found him in here and brought him to the nurses office. He yelled things like how he was toxic, a bully and etc... You really said those awful things?" Henry asked.

"I-I'm so s-sorry" Jake talked through his sob, "I don't know what has gotten into me"

Henry gave him a pitiful look then continued

"After lunch, Drew collapsed on the ground and asked us to take him to the washroom. He was throwing up a lot, and he was coughing blood and crying and it was-" Henry was cut off by sniffling.

Jake was shocked and looked at Henry who was crying right next to him.

"It was so horrible, me and Liam were there, we watched Drew go unconscious on us." Henry continued while sniffling.

"That's when we knew, that no matter how tough someone is... they might be going through even worse things than you." Henry started crying more.

They heard noises and sounds out of the door, Liam was listening to them, and thinking back to the after was traumatizing, the story makes everything so real and scary.

The three of them sobbed, separately and desperately.

"Drew loved you more than anything in the world... And you left him like it was the easiest thing in the world." Liam said from outside.

Jake knew he had to fix everything, pulled himself together and forced words out of himself

"What can I still do?..." Jake whispered.

Henry looked at Jake, then looked up.

"I'm afraid it's too late Jake" Henry closed his eyes, and suddenly he covered up his face, Liam ran in quickly and pulled Henry into a big hug. They both sobbed and fell to the ground.

Jake stared at them with unbelief and thought to himself

Too late?...