Childhood... friends?

(Teenagers au)

Kunikidas pov 8 years old

It was recess at school so I sat quietly outside starting to write a note book of my ideal life. While doing this though I felt as though someone was watching me. I looked over to the fence separating the school yard from the rest of the world.

On the other side of the fence stood a boy who was looking out on the kids playing. When he noticed me looking at him he quickly looked away and started moving away from the fence.

"What are you doing outside "? I called over to him making him look back at me.

"I can't be here" he spoke quietly but enough for me to hear. I came over to him but stayed on my side of the fence.

"Why not"?

" I'm not like you".

I looked over the boy seeing he covered himself with bandages and dark clothing.

"But your still a kid and need to go to school. I'm unlike everybody here but I'm still here".

"I just can't".

"I think you are just trying to skip school". I hugged and noticed a sad smile on his face.

"I... yea I'm skipping so keep quiet about me or else". He ended with a giggle.

"Or else what" I huffed and placed my hands on my hips.

"Or else I'll take your notebook and read it out loud".

"I bet you can't even read since you skip school so much I don't see you".

"I can read".

"I'm telling a teacher on you". I said as I stomped away from the boy deciding just standing there is waisting my time.

"Mrs there's a boy skipping school" I spoke to the teacher.

"Who is it"?

"I don't know I didn't ask his name but he was covered in bandages ". I pointed to the fence but saw the boy had disappeared.

Her face went pale and next thing I knew we where all brought inside and had to wait for our parents to get us

Kunikidas pov 17

"I'll be back soon mom! I'm going to walk the dog"! I yelled to my mother as I left the house with my dog. Every day at 7:00 I walk the dog for an afternoon walk as written in my schedule.

We live in a suburban area by the sea not quite in the city but pretty close so I could easily see the beautiful lights of the city from the distance. I always enjoyed walking my dog so I could see them.

As I walked I saw a person laying on the beach. As I came closer to them I saw the sand underneath them was red and they where bleeding heavily.

My eyes widen and I freak out. I saw that it was a boy covered in bandages and I can see why he needs them. I grab him and haul him in my arms towards my house with my dog following.

"Mom help"! I yelled when I got inside. She saw the boy in my arms and ran over to me helping me put him on the couch.

"Jesus doppo what happened to him"!?

"I don't know I just found him like this"!

I saw his chest still raising and falling showing he was still alive at least. I helped my mother clean what looked to be like bullet holes and cover them in bandages.

"We need to call an ambulance ". My mother spoke .

I nodded and moved away from him but stopped when I felt him hold my hand.

"D-don't".

My moms eyes widen and she moved over to him quickly. "What happens to you? Who are you? Why not"!? She bombarded him with questions yet he still looked barely awake.

"Mom we should just call". I spoke but felt his hand attempt to squeeze mine.

"Dont.. I'll.. kill you".

My mom moved away quickly with a gasp but I stayed still. "You might die if I don't though".

"Don't .. care".

I glared at him and squeezed his hand. "What are you a suicide maniac".

I heard him chuckle then nod.

"We'll if you die then your not doing it in my house and not while I'm helping you so you'll have to try another day".

He laughed then winced at the pain. "Just don't call anyone k"?

"I feel like I should".

"You really haven't changed at all". He chuckled making me confused.

"Do I know you"?

He shook his head. "We met once but that was it".

"Where you being difficult then as well"? I saw my mother come back into the room with a rag and bowl of water. She looked hesitant to come over but my smile let her know it was ok and he would not in fact kill us.

"Probably to you I was. You thought I was skipping school".

"That was you"! I remembered him now. He was the boy on the other side of the fence.

He chuckled and leaned his head back.

"You haven't changed much either I guess".

He smiled and closed his eyes letting go of my hand.

My mom pulled me over to the kitchen. "Doppo we need to call someone. I don't care if there police of ambulance. That boy is dangerous I'm sure of it".

"Mom he was just scared he won't hurt us".

"How do you think he got all those bullet holes then"?

I sighed and looked out on the now sleeping boy on my couch.

"We can call an ambulance if you are so concerned to call someone".

"Doppo this is for the best" I nodded but when I looked back to the living room the boy was gone.

"Wait what"! I ran into the room looking for any trace of the now missing boy. All that was left was the front door open. I ran out and tried calling for him but even after an hour of searching and still not finding him I decided to let him go. If he got this far I'm sure he'll be fine.

Kunikidas pov 22

"How do you feel about getting a partner". The president spoke to me. I was sitting in his office when he said this.

"I mean it would be fine".

"Good because I'd like you to meet dazai osamu your new partner".

The door opened. My eyes widen.

"Hello again".

"You better not disappear again".

"Not this time".