Piano

Kunikidas pov

It was a regular day at the agency. Everyone working hard with the exception of ranpo who was eating his snacks and dazai who was asleep on the couch. 

It was quite for awhile until we heard the door opening showing the president.

"Kunikida , dazai I have a mission for you two".

I stood up and dazai sat up with a groggy look on his face.

"Yes sir" I said ready for whatever mission we where supposed to go on.

He said there was an illegal exchange happening tonight but we had to go undercover for We where supposed to work for the company the exchange was going to be happening in which was a nice restaurant. Because of this we had to dress in the fancy work uniforms and be waiters.

After we got changed I saw how the uniform hugged dazais thin body nicely. It really showed his small figure making me feel lucky that he was my husband.

He noticed me staring and smiled at me getting closer to me making me blush. He giggled and hugged me while I hugged him back.

"You look like a tomato "

"Shut up".

He pulled away from me and pressed a quick kiss to my cheek then detached himself from me so we could start the mission.

After a few minutes we saw a group of men enter the restaurant so I started serving them while dazai served the people around them.

We tried listening in on there conversation but they all spoke very quietly so we had to figure something else out.

Dazai and I both went to the back to discuss what we could do but one of the men called me over demanding that some sort of music where to be played. I wanted to tell him that we didn't have the option to play music but dazai cut me off saying he would play some music.

I didn't know what he was talking about until he walked up to the giant piano that sat in the middle of the room and sat on the stool that was provided.

I didn't know what he was doing but just stayed quiet and prayed he would went do something stupid and mess up the whole mission yet I stopped my prayers when I heard the results of his fingers pressing softly on the keys of the grand piano creating a beautiful sound.

I had no idea he could play an instrument so seeing him sitting up there playing on the piano amazed me. The lighting that shinned on him made him look like an angel. At that moment I had fallen even more in love with the man that I thought I could fall no deeper for.

After the song finished I felt almost like crying. The song he played made my heart hurt. It felt like my heart stings where being pulled by the lovely notes that filled my ears.

I heard the people in the restaurant clap as dazai stood up and bowed with a smug smile on his face. I was going to clap for him as well but heard the voices of the men behind me.

"We'll that server is certainly talented ".

"Yes and quite eye pleasing as well".

The whispers I heard from the men discussed me making me turn on my heel and walk away to the kitchen. Dazai came in a few moments later and saw me fuming with anger for those disgusting men.

The comments I heard started innocent speaking of his talent then moved to his attractive looks then took a more perverted side.

"Doppo are you ok". He asked coming over to me rubbing a hand on my back to calm me. I had never realized how possessive I could be over him but hearing those words pissed me off.

"Don't go back out there. I'll finish the mission by myself. I want you to go home".

"What"?!

His hand left my back to grab my shoulders turning me to face him. "Doppo I can't leave you here. What if something happens and you are discovered with no back up. Also you and I where both sent on this mission so I don't plan to leave it"!

"Dazai I don't feel like it is safe for you to be here anymore. I think you should go home now. I'll be fine on my own".

"No you are always complaining about me not doing work so why arnt you letting me now"!

I sighed and pulled dazai into my arms making him hug me.

"Osamu your piano playing was lovely yet those men share my opinion. They also took note of you as a beautiful man and said things that I never want to hear said about you again".

Dazai shook his head into my shoulder and pressed a kiss to my neck before responding. "I'll be ok. If something happens you know I can take care of myself just fine but if worse case scenario I have you to protect me".

I sighed realizing he was right. I was just upset about what they said and wasn't thinking straight.

After a few more seconds we pulled away to finish up our mission.

"I think they have had enough fun for tonight " dazai said with a wicked smile making me shudder but nod.

That night we cought them and brought them into the police finishing our mission successfully.

We returned our uniforms to the owner before leaving to go home.

When we got home Dazai disappeared to the attic . I didn't know what he was doing so I fallowed him to see him fiddling with a large box he had gotten from his childhood home after his parents died.

"Osamu what are yo-"

"Found it"! He pulled out a keyboard from the box and put it down on the ground sitting with it facing him. I sat next to him as he fiddled with the cored and plugged it into an outlet then he started pressing on the keys repeating the song he had played at the restaurant. It sounded almost the same except the slight difference in the tone of the interment.

I closed my eyes listening to the soft sound of the keyboard making me smile.

Once he finished the song he unplugged the keyboard and put it back into the box he had found it in.

"I never knew you could play an instrument "? I started as he moved back over to me grabbing my outstretched hands and pulling me to stand.

"Yea I can actually play a few. I play the piano, violin, clarinet, oboe-".

"Why do you learn". I cut him off.

"We'll i was a bored rich kid growing up so I decided to learn an instrument to pass the time ".

I looked back at the box questioning all that I still don't know about my mysterious husband.

"We'll I'm hungry so let's go" he said while leaving the attic. "Oh and since I humored you today you owe me canned crab".

"We've had that for three nights in a row"!