Who Is that

Kunikidas pov

When sunlight came in through the window I felt it hit my face as I tried to ignore the urge to wake up. I groaned the stretched my arms feeling my back pop then relaxed again to open my eyes.

The sun was only just starting to raise so the room was still fairly dark but one the I could see for sure was my alarm clock. It read 6:09 .

Crap I'm nine minutes off schedule. My eyes widen as I rush out of bed to get as much stuff done in the short amount of time I had because of me sleeping in.

Thankfully because I rushed I was able to make up all the time I lost and still get to work on time.

Yet my partner wasn't on time.

I groaned as I saw his stack of unfinished work sheets and his empty desk that just sat there collecting dust because of its lack of use.

"Hey kunikida sir"? Atsushi asked coming over to me. "Do you think If you have time can you take this to dazais house. I don't have enough time to because koyoka and I are going on a mission. He said he's not coming in today because he doesn't feel in a 'live laugh love' mood".

I rolled my eyes and snatched the paper from atsushi and looked it over. It was something that had to be turned in and couldn't be skipped so I knew I had to go see him. Plus on my schedule today it was my weekly visit to his house to make sure it is still in livable condition and he's not dead on the floor.

So I left the office to visit the suicidal maniacs house. When I got there I knocked on the door hearing a "it's unlocked"! From inside.

I opened the door coming in and immediately smelling cigarette smoke . "Crist dazai how can you live like this". I mumbled trying to watch my step so I didn't step in anything sharp or break any of the random items that were on the floor.

"I'm not living. Just nearly surviving ".

I entered the living room where he was to see my idiotic partner laying on the floor. I found he does this when he needs to clear his head.

" shut up and listen. I have papers here you need to sign. These are really important and you can't skip doing them".

Dazai groaned loudly then looked at me with a glare "what Will I get out of signing them"?

"Nothing but the fact you can still keep your job"!

"Boss wouldn't fire me".

"Yes he would if you don't do your work"!

"We'll I'm not doing it unless I get something out of it". He huffed and crossed his arms resuming his place as he stared at the ceiling again.

I wanted to scream at him but insted I took a deep breath calming myself then going to the kitchen to see if dazai had any food. I had learned that he hardly ever eats unless something is given to him so I try to get him groceries whenever I can so he can eat. When I opened the fridge door I saw he had a tortilla shell, a rotten head of lettuce, a water pitcher, and a tub of mayonnaise.

He has no food.

"Hey when was the last time to bought groceries "?

"Like four years ago before I left the mafia Chuuya made me go"!

I groaned and rubbed the bridge of my nose before re stating my question.

"Ok when was the last time you ate"?

"Ummmmm dunno"?

"Fine if you do those papers I'll treat you to lunch. We're ever you want".

I heard scratching of paper almost immediately then saw dazai run to his bedroom to change probably so I checked his paper seeing he actually did it right.