Past lives

(angst but fluff at the end)(mentions of suicide)

Kunikidas pov

I looked down at the grave of my best friend. Why had this happened ? Why him? Why did he have to be murdered.

The day he died was the day I lost faith in humanity. That was the day I trained myself to not get attached to humans. All I could trust in this world were my ideals.

I left the grave yard with a heavy heart but also the knowledge that I would not be returning. I hate humans so why should I cry over one's death.

A year later I was heading to work at my office job. I was on time but I knew if even the slightest thing happened I would be late so I just prayed nothing would happen.

"Hey watch out"!

Without thinking I reached out infront of me grabbing the collar of the man infront of me as he was about to walk straight into oncoming traffic.

I don't know why I did it. Why I saved this clearly suicidal man's life. I don't care what happened to anyone around me so why did my body naturally react to save him.

I frowned at the man who now looked at me with wide brown eyes that shined in the sunlight. "Why did you save me"?

"I don't know". I answered letting go of him and he stood properly infront of me. I could see now he wore a plain black shirt with a white jacket and black pants. He also was adorned with bandages making me even more certain he was suicidal.

"Sure you do . Is it because you want to be the superhero of someone's story. Or maybe you just fell in love with me at first sight and wanted to speak with me before I die"?

I scoffed and crossed my arms glaring at him. "I did not fall in love with you and I have no intention of becoming a super hero to anyone. Why I saved you I have no clue but for all I care you can walk back into traffic and I will turn a blind eye and continue on my life which you have now interrupted ".

"That's not very nice". The man pouted at me but then smile. "But you really mean it? You won't care if I died infront of you? That means you won't stop me"!?

I rolled my eyes and looked at the time seeing I was now three minutes late because of this suicidal asshole. "Yea whatever. I'm leaving now".

"Ok bye bye and thank you"! I didn't turn back to look at the man but from the loud screaming and screeching of tires agains the road I could guess what happened.

I did as I said I would and carried on not looking back and ignoring the pain that filled my heart. Why I felt this pain for a stranger I didn't know. Heck I didn't even know his name.

When I got to work I was about five minutes late and everyone took note of that as it was very unusual for me to be late but no one questioned it. After all I hate humans and humans hate me.

"Guys did you hear the news . Some random guy walked into traffic this morning and is in the hospital. It happened a few minutes away from our company too"! I heard my coworkers discussing at lunch making me roll my eyes. I started to pack up my lunch to leave due to the pain in my heart returning for some odd reason.

I remembered his face well and his brown eyes. But why do I care. I'm not supposed to care. I hate people. So why don't I hate him?

"Dude I wonder if I saw him on my way to work then. Maybe I passed him".

"That's crazy to think about. Being able to see someone alive and happy but in just the span of an hour they attempt to take there life. That's just crazy to me".