Can you hear me

(Since I'm deaf in one ear I decided to torture my highest kin✌️ this will be a mix of fluff and angst)

Dazais pov

Gunshots echoed threw the enclosed room I was in as my men fired apon an enemy mafia. I stood silent beside hirotosu until the last man dropped to the ground and was covered in his own blood.

I walked over to them calmly examining all the bodies to make sure they where dead. After I confirmed that there was no one else alive I moved back beside hirotosu and nodded for my men to leave the area.

When we left the building and went towards our vehicles we saw more cars approaching with bright flashing lights.

"Cops". I muttered and the men started firing at the cop cars. I ducked behind the car beside two of my men who where shooting a rain of bullets.

"Sir you should cover your ears"! One yelled to me over the noise of the loud bangs.

"I'll be fi-"!

There was a pain that shot threw my head like an explosion bursting threw my ears. I grasped the sides of my head and felt warm liquid deep out of my ears. It was quite but I was in so much pain. I couldn't hear anything.

I saw mouths moving but I couldn't hear the words coming from them.

Hirotosu ran over to me still taking cover behind the cars then tried talking to me but I couldn't hear him.

I felt his hands grab mine and pull them off my face but his eyes blow wide when he saw the blood falling down my face and blood that covered my hands.

I saw him mouth the words. "Are you ok"? Thank god for me being good at reading lips. I shook my head and shouted trying for both him and myself to hear my voice. "I can't hear anything"!

I felt him grab my arm and pull me to a car to rush me back to the mafia base and to Mori.

"He's deaf". I saw Mori say. "I don't know if there is anything to help him regain his hearing but I'll look. Till then he's just stuck".

My eyes widen at the news and I look down at my lap so I didn't have to see anymore. I couldn't hear. Could I ever regain my hearing.

After that I needed something to cheer me up so I went to bar lupin and saw my friends odasaku and ango".

"Oh dazai I didn't know you'd be coming". I saw ango mouth and oda nod.

I didn't speak and sat at the counter and archi handed me my drink.

I guess ango said something but I didn't notice until oda tapped my shoulder pointing at ango who looked concerned.

"Are you ok"?

I shook my head no. "I can't hear".

Both oda and ango looked shocked and I looked down at my lap. I should have listened to what the man said and cover my ears or at least we're ear plugs or something to protect myself. But I didn't.

I felt oda tap my shoulder again then when I looked up he made some sighs with his hands. I didn't understand sign language but I could recognize it when I see it.

He then mouthed to me. "I can teach you".

I nodded enthusiastically and we spent the next few hours learning. Ango stuck around so he could learn as well.

The memories of the day I lost my hearing still remained yet instead of making me sad they make me smile at the remembrance of my late best friend.

I was laying on the agency couch when I felt a harsh tug on my coat pulling me off the couch. I looked up seeing my partner mouthing angry words about how I shouldn't ignore him and get to work.