Burning memories

( tw abuse, mentions of self harm, angst, kunikida is a asshat but not really,)

Dazais pov

"Dazai osamu, will you marry me"?

I smiled as I sat on my shared bed with my now fiancé . I looked at the ring that now rested on my finger imagining our future from here. I thought back on how we met, I thought about what will happen now. I was so excited.

"Osa go to sleep, it's to late to be up and we have work tomorrow ". I heard kunikida mumble as he rubbed his kind hand over my back to attempt to calm me down.

"Oh but doppo how do you expect me to sleep when today has been the best day of my life".

I saw him smile at me then open his arms inviting me to cuddle into him which I immediately accepted. I nuzzled my face into his neck the smile still gracing my face as I laid practically on top of him. I felt one of his hands rubbing my back still while the other played with my hair .

"I'm glad that your happy dear, I really am. But please for the love of whatever god is out there, go to sleep".

I laughed then pressed a kiss to his neck before nuzzling my face back into it. "I'll try". I mumbled closing my eyes and falling asleep to the feeling of his hands.

The next morning I felt cold. Kunikida wasn't there.

I opened my eyes looking around to see if he was in the bedroom at all but saw no sign of him. I assumed he might've went to take a shower while I was still asleep but after I exited the bedroom I didn't see any lights on nor heard any movements. I was alone.

"Doppo"? I spoke to see if he would respond but all I heard was my own voice eco back at me.

"Maybe he just went to work early". I mumbled them started getting ready for work myself. It's normally really hard to eat when there is no one else around me eating as well so I decided to just skip breakfast and go to work.

Once I got there I smiled at the sight of my Fiancé typing away at the computer probably filling out some reports on past missions.

I skipped over to his chair and pressed a kiss to his cheek before whispering "good morning lovely ". Knowing that would normally make him blush bright red but I didn't get a response making me pout. "Why didn't you wait for me or at least wake me up this morning "?

"I needed to go to work early". Was the short response I got back. He had an apathetic tone that made me figure he wanted to be left alone. Maybe something happened this morning that made him upset. I left him and went to sit on my couch.

After a long, stressful day of doing nothing I finally saw kunikida packing up his stuff to go home. When he did I practically jumped out of my spot on the couch and clung onto his arm. Ever since we started dating and kunikida introduced me to the love language of touch, I have been obsessed. At first I thought all I did was annoy him with my clinging but after awhile of reassuring I understood that he enjoyed it as well.

"Get off me you moron" he pushed my hands off of him and I laughed.

"Aw don't go shy on me, I'm just showing you how much I love you".

He rolled his eyes and left the office.

Ok he was being a little weird but whatever happened this morning must have really messed with him so I can't be upset. After all it has nothing to do with me. Right?

We got home quickly and kunikida immediately set his computer up on the table and surrounded himself in work.

"Doppo you should rest, you've worked nonstop all day". I rested my hands on his shoulders starting to rub them gently.