Plants

Dazais pov

I woke up slightly before kunikida making me smile . Kunikida held a little pout on his face and he held me tightly in his arms not allowing me to leave him. I tried to scoot away from him a few inches but his grip on me tightened and I heard him groan in annoyance.

"Dazai stop".

"Good morning kunikida".

"Mhm".

"Can you let me up now"?

"Mmh No".

I laughed and patted his hair."and why is that my love"?

"Mine".

He pushed his face into my chest making me giggle and continue playing with his long hair.

"If you don't let me go I'll braid your hair"~

"Don't care".

"You'll have to wear it all day".

"Mmmh".

After a few minutes of trying to negotiate with him to release me from his hold I finally wiggled free making him pout.

"Jezz your acting like me kunikida". I giggled and he huffed mumbling a shut up and turning around to go back to sleep. Today was a weekend so we had the day off slowing him to sleep in a few hours so he took advantage of that.

I know it's kinda weird that I'm not along side him in bed sleeping the day away but I had things to take care of. After I left my room I went into the kitchen grabbing a pitcher and filling it with water then going onto the balcony.

I saw my many potted plants thriving in the warm weather some had flowers while others didn't. After Kunikida introduced me to the art of gardening I had grown a love for small potted plants.

It started when I was still extremely suicidal and kunikida and I weren't dating yet. I hardly ever took care of myself and often found myself not eating or drinking anything. I would lay around all day just withering away waiting for death to take its hold on me.

Yet one day kunikida came over seeing my messy house and me practically dying on the couch. He shoved food down my throat and forced me to drink water and take a bath. From then on every week he would come over and fourced me to take care of myself. That is until he came up with the idea to have me take care of something else.

"If I can't even care for myself how do you expect me to care for something else"?

"It will be a little bit easier then taking care of yourself. I wouldn't of course give you a animal or something so I thought maybe this might be easier ". He handed me a little pot with some dirt in it and a pack of seeds. They where violet seeds.

"I don't see how this will work".

"Just try it".

"What if i kill it".

"How about this" he took the pot to the kitchen placing it on the counter and handing me the seeds. "If you can keep it alive for a mouth then I will cook you crab for a week".

"Deal"!

And so I placed the seeds carefully in the dirt and fallowed the directions carefully everyday and did my hardest to keep the flower alive. I noticed after watering it I would get thirsty and get a glass of water for myself. And after pulling weeds out of the pot I would get hungry and eat a snack.

Slowly while taking care of the single plant I would take care of myself as well. As promised after a month of taking care of the flower kunikida made me crab everyday for a week. I enjoyed his company so much I never noticed how lonely I was until after the week was over.

After the week had needed he set another goal for me and handing me another pack of seeds and a pot. "Keep them alive another month and I'll make you crab for a week".

"Will do".

The seeds where alstroemeria and so I did. Working just as hard as before. I kept both flowers alive for a month.

"Kunikida why did you pick those two flowers for me"? I asked as he placed a plate of crab infront of me.

"We'll they both have a meaning that I though was fitting".

"What do they mean"?

Kunikida sat down as well and started to explain. "You see violets mean faith. I gave them to you because I had faith that you could keep them alive and I would be able to cook for you as for the alstroemeria that stands for devotion. I gave you those because I feel like you are devoted to taking care of those plants".

"What will be the next flower you give me"?

"Probably a gardenia".

"What does that stand for"?

"Hope and clarity ".

He did give me those seeds next but what he didn't know was that I myself had also started learning the language of flowers. I had bought myself more pots and seeds and kept them in my balcony while the ones kunikida gave me stay in my windowsill.

Once the flowers all grew to beautiful flowers I started to cut them and turn them into a bouquet.

When kunikida came over to check on the gardenias I supposed him with the bouquet that was mostly made up of red roses.

"Dazai"?

"I grew them myself. In the balcony. What do you think"?

"There lovely".

"Kunikida you know what red roses stand for correct"?

"Romance and passion".

I handed the bouquet to him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you for everything kunikida. I love you".

Kunikida was bright red but excepted my confession anyway. I showed him my flowers that grew on the balcony and he loved them all.

After I finished watering my flowers I went back to the kitchen putting the pitcher down in the sink and going back to my room with my waiting boyfriend.

I slipped under the covers next to him and felt his Arms immediately around my waist holding me close.

"You where gown to long".

"Sorry love but I had to water the plants".

"Mmmh love you".

I smiled and kissed kunikida on the nose.

"Love you too".