17-Something Amazing

Start from the beginning

Adrien gives him a look and rolls his eyes. "London. The girls are more stuck up, so I didn't really like them much."

Luka nods and turns his attention back to the girls. "Well, for starters, you don't just straight up ask a girl out on a date. Ask her to hangout or something before mentioning a date."

Adrien nods and turns his attention back to the girls. He sees Marinette and smiles lazily. "She has a boyfriend, so I guess we can try to be friends."

"Dude. Dupain-Cheng does not have a boyfriend," Luka laughs, nudging him as his newly blue dyed hair sweeps to the side. "She was creeped out by you, but she wanted to be nice."

"Oh." he grins, smiling brightly suddenly. "Okay."

He climbs from the top bleachers and Luka opens his mouth to retaliate but decides against it. He wanted to be stupid, so Luka is letting him.

Adrien sits at the first bottom bleacher and Marinette spots him after a while, as do the rest of her teammates. They laugh and such while Marinette rolls her eyes and ignores their teasing.

Once they're allowed a break, Marinette comes over to Adrien and leans on her hip. "Uh, Adrien, is it?"

"Yup." He smiles, staring up at her small figure.

She gives him a small smile. He was actually cute. "I told you I have a boyfriend."

"No you don't. You just wanted me to leave you alone, but do it nicely," Adrien smiles, and she gapes slightly. She doesn't say anything so Adrien's face drops into an embarrassed one. "Uh. look, I'm not.. good with girls. Especially pretty ones. My friend told me you probably didn't have a boyfriend, and it sort of made sense, but I'm sorry if you actually do. But... I think you're really pretty, so maybe we could just be friends or something? You know, hangout and stuff?"

Marinette opens her mouth to respond, only there's a blow of the whistle before their coach is calling the girls back. Adrien sighs and runs his hands through his hair at the face Marinette makes, which is filled with sorrow.

She waves and heads back to the court, and Adrien stands, turning around to shrug at Luka. Although, Luka is just smirking and nods his head forward, confusing Adrien until there's a tap on his shoulder.

Adrien turns and sees it's Marinette, who held a friendly smile. "Luka's the friend you were talking about?" Adrien nods, and raises an eyebrow. "Meet me at the Helping Small One's community center on Friday after school. Luka knows the place; he'll tell you."

Adrien nods and Marinette heads back to the team, waving at him once more. He turns around and looks to Luka, putting his thumbs up, to which Luka laughs and gives the same gesture back.

-----

They meet up for the first time at the charity and Marinette grins as she sees him carrying two large containers of sweets after he gets out of his car. "I didn't say to bring food."

"Yeah, well, my grandma heard I was going to a charity and figured this was her way of appreciation of you guys," Adrien says, slowly walking over to her so he would drop them. "Thanks."

Marinette comes his way and grabs a container, grinning. "No, thank you," she laughs, leading him inside. "This is seriously so sweet."

They go inside and offer the volunteers the treats and such. They all thank Adrien and talk with him for a while before they all go back to work. Marinette grabs a cupcake and ushers him to follow as she goes to her area.

"This is where the magic happens," Marinette jokes, smiling as she sat in her bean bag chair. She grabs her laptop from the other bean bag chair and opens it. "Well, most of it. I don't like working at my desk until I need to take notes."