A Terrific Conclusion

Thanjavur palace,
Sundar Cholar's Chamber,

Nandhini had become numb after hearing all those Sundar Cholar had told.

She kept staring at the woman, who Sundar Cholar claimed to be her mother.

A single drop of tear slipped from her eyes as she held her mother's hands.

" I am sorry...I am so sorry." Cried Nandhini holding her hand tightly.

Sundar Cholar wept as he saw Nandhini crying.

" She is gone." Whispered Sundar Cholar.

" No, she won't leave me." Nandhini tried to convince herself as she wiped her tears.

" No Nandhini, she is gone." Told Sundar Cholar as he hugged his dead sister's body.

" She is dead... I killed her, I killed my own mother didn't I ?"Nandhini felt very devasted as she realised that she had killed her own mother.

" I am a murder." Whispered Nandhini, Sundar Cholar's cries increased as he heard her words.

" Whom did you murder!?" Shouted a voice from behind Nandhini.

Nandhini and Sundar Cholar's heads snapped in the direction of the voice.

It was Thanjavur's Iliya Pirati, Kundavai.

Nandhini's eyes widened as soon as she saw Kundavai.

Kundavai walked inside to see her father, Sundar Cholar on the floor with a woman identical to Nandhini on his lap. 

Nandhini immediately got up and took a few steps back, kundavai knelt down beside her father and held his hands.

" What happen appa? why are you crying? who is this lady?" Kundavai started to throw her questions at him.

He had only one answer to all her questions," Mandakini " told Sundar Cholar as he continued sobbing.

Kundavai's eyes widened in realisation, her eyes fell on the fish design sword hilt which was lying right beside her father and aunt, covered in blood.

Kundavai turned to look at Nandhini who was standing behind breathing heavily.

She saw Nandhini covered in blood, she realised what had happened to her as soon as she saw her.

Kundavai looked at her aunt with teary eyes, she noticed that her eyes were still open.

She sighed and brushed her fingers again her eyelids and closed her eyes.

Nandhini ran out of the room. She couldn't bare seeing her mother's body.

Kundavai's blood boiled, she won't risk her father's life. She didn't want her father to suffer the same fate that her aunt has.

" I will come now appa." Told Kundavai as she gestured for her maids to take care of her father and dead aunt.

Nandhini closed her door shut as soon as she entered her chamber.

Urvashi who was sitting on the diwan, shot up seeing Nandhini banging inside.

" Did everything go according to your plan?" Questioned Urvashi.

Nandhini hurried towards a cupboard and brought a bundle, some other things and passed it to Urvashi in a hurry.

" What happen Akka?" Questioned Urvashi as she saw Nandhini pacing in the room.

" Urvashi, go...go to the tunnel where Amarabhiujhangan is hiding"told Nandhini as she passed the rest of the things to her.

" Have you gone mad Akka?" Asked Urvashi.

" Yes, I am going mad, It is not safe for you to be here." Told Nandhini, as she tried to send Urvashi away.

" Then are you going to stay here?" asked Urvashi as she tried to stop Nandhini.

The little tiger, Rudhra started to cry, just in time.

Nandhini walked towards him and lifted him in her arms, starting to pat his back trying to pacify him.

" Go back to Madurai, I cannot take him and come to Madurai." Told Nandhini.

" What will I do after going to Madurai!" Frustrated Urvashi asked Nandhini.

" Marry Amarabhiujhangan, have a happy life with him." Told Nandhini.

" And become the queen of the Kingdom." Added Nandhini.

Urvashi's eyes widened, " please stop blabbering Akka, come with me. "called Urvashi.

Nandhini shook her head, as she dragged Urvashi to the secret entrance of the tunnel.

She opened the door and pushed Urvashi inside is, Urvashi held her hand and pleaded " Please don't do this."

Nandhini didn't reply, she just gave her a small smile as the door closed itself.

Right at the moment Nandhini heard loud banging sounds from the door to her chamber.

Nandhini closed her eyes shut as she sat on the bed patting little Rudhra in her arms.

The door broke open by some soldiers, kundavai stepped inside and stood aside.

" Get her!" Kundavai Ordered.

Nandhini immediately shoot up from the bed, the soldiers gripped Nandhini's arms.

Nandhini struggled to get out of their grip, " Let me go, Your Ilavarase won't spare you if he got to know about this." Hissed Nandhini.

Kundavai walked towards her, " He would be grateful to know that you are away from her. I don't want to risk my father and brother's life." Kundavai told.

" No, please Kundavai forgive me I- I didn't intend to kill her." Sluttered Nandhini.

" So, you accept that you had intended to kill my father? If you wish to deny it, then explain to me why did you go to my father's chamber in everyone's absence?." Questioned Kundavai.

Nandhini had no words to protest against her as whatever she told is true.

" Soldiers! Throw her out of the country!" Kundavai Ordered, Nandhini's eyes widened as she started to beg Kundavai, " Please Kundavai, I don't have the strength to argue, please forgive me." Begged Nandhini as they dragged Nandhini.

Kundavai's eyes fell on the child in Nandhini's arms. Nandhini predicted what kundavai was about to do.

Nandhini secured the child with both of her hands, kundavai slowly walked Near Nandhini, " No, No I won't give him." Protested Nandhini.

Kundavai stretched her hands in a try to grab the child from her.

Finally, after many attempts, she managed to take the child from Nandhini.

" Please Kundavai, don't do this. He is my child." Begged Nandhini holding Kundavai's legs.

Tears gathered in Kundavai's eyes as she stepped back, " So is he to my brother's, He is my country's child, the future Crown prince." Told Kundavai.

The soldiers dragged Nandhini with all of their force, they managed to drag Nandhini to the entrance.

Nandhini tried to break free with all her power but couldn't as she was weak both mentally and physically.

Nandhini lifted her head to see Kundavai standing on the balcony with her son in her arms.

" Rudhraaaaa!" Nandhini screamed for the last time before they exiled Nandhini away from Chola Nadu..........

So, this is the end of this book, How do you feel? What do you expect in the next book?

Hope you liked this chapter don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts. Very Special thanks to RagKee for supporting.