The Confession to Nandini

At the Pond,

Nandhini ran away with tears in her eyes. Urvashi who was standing with Nandhini there bid her farewell and started to go behind Nandhini.

Nandhini came to the pond and sat down on the farthest step. She kept her head on her knees and started to regret what she did.

' why did I do that? It did not only embarrass myself but the prince too. I am sure Karikalar would be angry with me. ' thought Nandini. As she let her tears fall on her lap.

"Akka !?" Called Urvashi as she saw Nandhini sitting in distress. Urvashi came and sat beside Nandhini. She hugged Nandhini.

" I made a big mistake, I didn't think that he would do that, I was so shocked to hear what he told. I shouldn't have run away" told Nandhini as she hugged Urvashi back.

" Akka I am sure that he understands what you would have felt akka " Consoled Urvashi as she patted Nandhini's back.

" But what would his grandfather think about me, a coward?" Told Nandhini not fully convinced by Urvashi's words.

" Akka he is older than Karikalar, he would have understood how you would have felt. Don't take these silly matters into your head" told Urvashi as she soothed Nandini. Nandini half-heartedly nodded her head.

" Urvashi you go back to the palace, let me stay here for some time to clear my mind." Nandhini requested.

Urvashi understood that Nandhini wanted some time alone. She left Nandhini at the pond and went back to the palace.
___________________

Back at the camp, Karikalan cursed at himself for making Nandhini react that way. " Son come let's get inside the tent and then speak about it". Called Malayaman.

Adhithan agreed and started walking forward, he constantly kept looking back to see if she was back, but his hopes went in vain.

Karikalan sat on the cot in the tent smiling at him, Malayaman sat beside him, "Son, I am very happy for you," he said smiling. " By the way which place's princess is she? " Asked Malayaman. Adhitan's smiled fell.

" Can't you guess from her attire that she is not a princess?" Told karikalan.
" I thought that too, But as for her beauty, she definitely looks like a royal, "told Malayaman.

"No thatha she is not a royal she is a vaishnavi girl who lives in the house back at the pond in the temple "replied Karikalan.

Malayaman thought for a second and asked" Do you love her?". Adhithan nodded yes. " But think about the good fare of our country," told Malayaman.

Karikalan raised his eyebrows and asked," What are you coming to say thatha?"

" Son, Nandhini is a poor vaishnavte, and you are the crown prince. We don't even know who her parents are. How can she become the future queen of Cholas, think my son." Malayaman tried to make Karikalan understand the truth.

" I don't care what others would think, I am adamant on my decision that I will marry Nandhini. If at all at any cost someone tries to separate us. They wouldn't be alive to see the sun, careful thatha" Adhita Karikalan warned him dangerously and left in search of Nandini.

Malayaman knew that talking to Adhitan was a waste he knew the right person to speak with, Nandhini.

Karikalan soon reached the pond. He saw didn't see Nandhini at the pond. He entered the house to see Nandhini who was blanked out, sitting near the door.

Nandhini was so immersed in her thoughts that she didn't even notice Karikalan slip into the house.

Karikalan called Nandhini's name. She didn't reply. Karikalan finally shook Nandhini out of her dream. She saw Karikalan in front of her and jerked up. " Karikalare when did you come? I didn't notice you" told Nandhini.