Chitra Pournami

Thanjai Palace,

Nandhini dragged Manimeghalai inside the room and ordered Amarabhiujhangan to do as per the plan, so he left.

" Please let me go akka." Begged Manimeghalai.

" If I let you go now, will you go away from Thanjai?" Questioned Nandhini.

Manimeghalai stayed silent, struggling to get out of her grip.

"Answer me!" Repeated Nandhini as she shook Manimeghalai. She started crying hearing Nandhini's words.

" You won't because you are smitten by my husband and vice versa, isn't it?" Hissed Nandhini.

Manimeghalai continued weeping and begged Nandhini to let her go with her palms together.

Nandhini's eyes fell on her hand she got hold of her right hand, tightly.

"This was the same hand which held my husband's hand, right!" Questioned Nandhini.

" Akka please spare me, I won't tell anyone what you spoke with that man." Manimeghalai pleaded as she tried to get off her grip.

" No, this hand deserves something." Told Nandhini as she started looking around the room searching for something.

Nandhini smirked as soon as she found what she was searching for.

" Urvashi hold her." Ordered Nandhini as she pushed her to Urvashi, and walked towards the thing she wanted.

Urvashi held Manimeghalai and started pleading, " Akka please let her go, she is innocent."

" Have you changed sides, Urvashi?" Questioned Nandhini as she paused.

Urvashi shook her head, "No Akka I - "

" Enough Urvashi, enough, I have had enough of this witch seducing my beloved ones." Told Nandhini as she took it in her hands.

It was a small container with something liquid inside it.

Manimeghalai's cries became louder as soon as she saw the container.

Manimeghalai hid behind Urvashi, " Akka please let her go, don't do this ." Requested Urvashi.

Her words were deaf to Nandhini's ears he pushed Urvashi aside and dragged Manimeghalai to the balcony.

" Please let me go" begged Manimeghalai.

Nandhini stretched Manimeghalai's hand outward and opened the container, poured it on her palm.

" Ahhh...." Manimeghalai started screaming as soon as the liquid made contact with her skin.

Her skin started to peel itself off, Nandhini had a satisfied look on her face as she heard her screams.

Nandhini held her by her neck and questioned "This is how I felt when he brought you here." Told Nandhini to Manimeghalai who was shivering.

" Run away from here," growled Nandini as she released Manimeghalai from her grip.

Urvashi look at Nandhini and shook her head, followed Manimeghalai.

Chitra Pournami,
Thanjai Palace,
Nandhini's Chamber,

Nandhini hadn't seen Manimeghalai ever since that day. She doubted if she was even in Chola Nadu, Amarabhiujhangan had come just in time to the chamber.

"You came here at the right time," told Nandhini as she wiped her sword.

" Yes, did you find a way to Sundar Cholan's chamber?"Questioned Amarabhiujhangan.

Nandhini nodded," Here, I have found this from the forbidden area of the library." Informed Nandhini as she gave a scroll to Amarabhiujhangan.

Amarabhiujhangan got it and scanned it, " Ok, when do we start this plan then?" Questioned Amarabhiujhangan.

" In just a few minutes" informed Nandhini.

Amarabhiujhangan nodded and sat on a diwan, his eyes fell on the cradle kept in the centre of the room.

He got up and walked towards it, the baby was looking at him with doe eyes sucking his fingers.

Nandhini cautiously looked at Amarabhiujhangan's movements from the side of her eyes.

Amarabhiujhangan was about to touch the baby, " Let's leave Amara" called Nandhini.

He sighed and turned to Nandhini and walked with her out of the chamber.

Sembian madevi, Kundavai and others had gone to the Pooja at the temple. No maids were present there, he was all alone.

Nandini and her brother were walking in the tunnel that Nandhini had found on the map.

They felt someone following them, Amarabhiujhangan turned to see who it was, " Don't turn" told Nandhini as she led Her brother.

They soon reached the specific spot on the map, Amarabhiujhangan was shocked to see a skeleton hanging with a small gap through which the moon rays entered.

" If you climb up, you will be able to see Sundar cholar chamber from here, straight, You stay ready with the bow and arrow." Instructed Nandhini.

Amarabhiujhangan was diverted, and Nandhini noticed it.

" Don't get shocked," told Nandhini. " Are there any ghosts here?" Questioned Amarabhiujhangan.

" Maybe, They tell they the people who died here still haunt this place." Told Nandhini.

Amarabhiujhangan nodded, " If I fail to kill Sundar Cholar, then you will have to finish him when I order, Understood?" Informed Nandhini.

Amarabhiujhangan looked around again and gulped before answering, " Ok I will wait."

" Be careful" Told Nandhini as she left. Amarabhiujhangan still felt a presence behind him but chose to ignore it.

Nandhini had started to pick up speed as soon as she was near Sundar Cholar's chamber.

The wind blew the curtain Nandini stood at the entrance like death herself with the sword.

Sundar Cholar opened his eyes to see a woman hiding near the table, he took his sword and walked towards the woman,

He dropped the sword as soon as she saw face, Nandhini on the other hand took a dangerous step towards Sundar Cholan.

Nandini saw him standing near the balcony, she parted the curtains as she slowly walked towards him.

A strong wind blew causing all the lit lamps in the room to extinguish, one to lite on the curtain.

Nandhini ran forward as she thought that it was the right moment to kill him.

She plunged her sword at him, Nandhini froze, it was all dark, and she couldn't see his face properly.

Nandhini heard a low gasp in return followed by a scream,
" MANDAKINI"

The voice sounded like Sundar Cholar's. Nandhini's eyes widened as she realised that she had missed killing Sundar Cholar.

This fire spread on the curtain as fast as the wind bringing light to the room.

Nandhini drew her sword back. The person she had stabbed collapsed to the ground, and the room turned bright.

It was a woman whom she had stabbed.

Sundar Cholar held the woman's body in her arms and started weeping, " Mandakini!"

The wind blew again, the hair on the woman's face moved, and Nandhini's eyes widened as soon as she saw the woman.

Nandhini will regret what she had done to Mani as well as to Mandhu.

Hope you liked this chapter don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts. Special thanks to RagKee for supporting.