The Sparks Of Desire

Kadambor palace,
Madhuranthakan's chamber,

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" asked Madhuranthakan. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, I am Nandhini, Adhita Karikalar's wife " responded Nandhini.

Madhuranthakan smiled, "Oh so you are Karikalan's wife?" Asked Madhuranthakan. Nandhini nodded.

"Nice to meet you, welcome to Kadambor, I am very sorry that I couldn't come to see you in Thanjai" apologised Madhuranthakan as he gestured for Nandhini to sit.

" It's ok, can I know for what work you have come for?" Asked Nandhini as she sat on the diwan.

"I came here to supervise the new Sivan temple that is being built in Kadambor." Replied Madhuranthakan.

" You didn't come here for political matters?" asked Nandhini raising her eyebrows. " No Devi" replied Madhuranthakan.

" You were supposed to stand beside Sundar Cholar and help him rule the country," told Nandhini. Madhuranthakan's face hardened.

Nandhini noticed the change in his face and smirked a bit.

"What happen Madhuranthakare?" Asked Nandhini. "My Eesan doesn't wish for me to guide Sundar Cholar. " Replied Madhuranthakan.

" Does your Eesan want you to rule the country?" Asked Nandhini. Madhuranthakan stayed silent for a few minutes.

" My god doesn't wish for that too." Replied Madhuranthakan as he turned his face.

Nandhini laughed, "You are so navy, If he doesn't want you to become the emperor, then why would he bless you to be born as a king's son in the great Chola empire?" Asked Nandhini.

" That is not possible Devi." Told Madhuranthakan. " It is possible if you wish." Told Nandhini trying to make him greedy.

Madhuranthakan remained silent, Nandhini leaned back on the seat and told " You can get your birth right back if you cooperate with me" told Nandhini.

"Even if I wish to but my mother won't allow me to become the king." Told Madhuranthakan looking at Nandhini.

" Did your mother or father make a promise of giving away the throne to someone else?" Asked Nandhini. Madhuranthakan shook his head.

" Then, it is your crown you can claim it if you want, "told Nandhini looking at Madhuranthakan seriously .

Madhuranthakan thought for a few minutes and asked "How?"

This brought a smile to Nandhini's face. " The Chola empire in a coalition of many smal kings, if the supporting kings object to any rule by the monarchy, then it will have to be changed." Told Nandhini.

Madhuranthakan looked at Nandhini and asked," Are going you plotting against your husband?"

Nandhini shook her head" Definitely not, when I came to Chola Nadu after my wedding, I heard people talking about you. When I researched deeply, I got to know that your rights were taken from you, so I wanted to help you get them back." Replied Nandhini.

"Thank you, Nandhini," told Madhuranthakan with a smile.

" No need to thank me, if you want your Kingdom back come with the chief tenants to the Kadambor palace's court, tonight." Told Nandhini.

Madhuranthakan nodded, and Nandhini got up and left the chamber.
__________________________________
Nandhini's and Karikalan's Chamber.

Nandhini saw that Karikalan had still had not returned from the dinner.

So she decided to wait for some time. Nandhini had started planning on how to reach to the ministers tonight.

She walked towards her language and opened it.