Sundara Cholar's Nightmare.

At the palace- Thanjavur,

It was night in Thanjai, and Nandhini was standing on the balcony of Karikalan and her chamber. She was standing there in confusion, why did Sundara Chola react that way on seeing her?

It was the first time she saw him from what she remembers, but she felt that she had met him before. As Nandhini was thinking, Urvashi entered the chamber.

Nandini turned towards Urvashi. Urvashi came to stand beside Nandhini. " Akka, what happened? What are you thinking? " Questioned Urvashi.
" Nothing, Urvashi", replied Nandhini as she went to sit on the bed.

" Akka I very well know that something is bothering you tell me akka, what is it ?" Asked Urvashi. Nandini exhaled knowing that Urvashi wouldn't leave her till she told her the truth.

"OK Urvashi, I surrender, I was thinking of why Sundara Cholar reacted that way on seeing me today. " Told Nandhini.

" Maybe he found out who you are " suggested Urvashi. " No, I think that is not the reason why he looked at me that way. His eyes, his eyes held pain and regret." Replied Nandhini to Urvashi's comment, her voice held some sort of emotion which Urvashi didn't notice.

" Have you met him before?" Asked Urvashi as she sat beside Nandhini. " I don't think so, but my inner consciousness is saying that I have met him before, somewhere." Replied Nandhini.

" Akka I think you are just imagining things, There is no way you have met him before," told Urvashi as she kept her hand on Nandhini's shoulder. Nandhini still wasn't convinced. She had to find the real reason.

As they were speaking, Karikalan entered the chamber. He saw Urvashi and smiled at her and then looked at Nandhini, Nandhini was drowned in her thoughts.

" What is she thinking so seriously? " Karikalan asked to Urvashi. Urvashi shrugged at him, got up from the place and Karikalan quickly occupied the spot.

" So, I take my leave, Ilavarase," told Urvashi as she left the chamber. Adhita Karikalan shook Nandhini out of her thoughts. She looked at Karikalan in surprise.

" When did you come to Karikalare? " Asked Nandhini as she saw him sitting beside her. " I came just now, What were you thinking about so seriously that you didn't even notice me entering " asked Karikalan.

" Oh, that's nothing, I was just thinking about the incident in the morning," told Nandhini as she diverted her eyes from his face to her lap. Karikalan used his fingers to lift Nandhini's chin.

Nandhini made eye contact with Karikalan, " Is that bothering you Nandhini?" asked Karikalan with love-filled eyes. Nandini just nodded a yes.

" I am sure that father did not intend to do so, I assumed that he must have had a nightmare as he is ill."Told karikalan.

" But why did he react that way when he saw me, there were many people around too." Asked Nandhini.

" Maybe because you are a new face," told Karikalan with a shrug. " Oh, it could be" replied Nandhini.

" It is late night Nandhini, Let's sleep," said Karikalan as he got up and went to the left side of the bed.

Nandhini got up and walked towards the other side. She started to extinguish the lamps lit on her side. As Nandhini was extinguishing the lamps the wind started to blow strongly causing her open hair to fly.

Her long hair fell on Karikalan's face who was sitting close to Nandhini with his fist on his chin.

Karikalan inhaled the fragrance of her hair. The wind helped Nandhini by extinguishing most of the lamps in the room. Karikalan touched her hair.