The First Hunt/ Devaralan attam

A week Later,
At night,

It was the full moon Night where Nandhini is going to accomplish the first step.

Nandhini had sent a letter to the pandiyan group telling them to get ready as soon as the Deveralan's attam starts. This would be the perfect chance for him to be alone.

Nandini had given Urvashi a bigger work, Urvashi nearly fainted hearing that. Nandhini on the other hand was getting prepared to kill him.

Urvashi entered the senadhipathi's chamber to find him drinking alcohol. Urvashi scrunched her nose as the disgusting smell of alcohol hit her.

She cleared her throat to get his attention. He immediately turned towards her and asked "Why have you come Ilavarasi?" Asked Kalanthakan.

" Do you want to send another letter?" He continued. Urvashi shook her head and replied "No, I just wanted to talk with you" told Urvashi.

He gestured Urvashi to sit on the diwan opposite to his. " So what do you want to talk to me ?" Asked Kalanthakan.

" I just got a news from my spy that , some pandiyan spies are plotting something against you " informed Urvashi. " What is it ?" Asked Kalanthakan crooking his eyebrows.

Urvashi gulped and replied" If I tell you that, then you will have to follow what I say , do you agree?" Kalanthakan thought for a second and replied" ok ".

" They have planned to kill you tonight " told Urvashi. Kalanthakan was shocked, he became angry and got up, threw the glass from his hand to the floor. Urvashi flinched at his action.
" Lies" shouted Kalanthakan.

" If you believe me or not, this is the truth,"told Urvashi as she held a cloth with some herbs in her hands very tight.

Kalanthakan furiously went to the balcony, Urvashi used this opportunity and opened the jug of alcohol, she mixed the herbs in that and immediately closed the lid.

Kalanthakan hissed in anger and turned towards Urvashi who started shaking in fear, " How can I trust you, asked Kalanthakan." It was my most trusted spy." Told Urvashi.

Kalanthakan nodded. " Ok what was your condition, asked Kalanthakan.
" Well, I want you to not stay in the palace when the Deveralan's attam starts. " Urvashi stressed out each word.

Kalanthakan thought for a few minutes and nodded in agreement. Urvashi got up and bid her farewell and left.

Kalanthakan was still in deep thought, even after Urvashi left. He took another glass and filled it with the alcohol.
__________________________________

Urvashi ran back to her chamber and closed the door shut. " What did he say" asked a voice inside the room, Urvashi jumped hearing the voice.

She saw Nandhini sitting on the diwan majestically,with her eyes closed and her hands on her head.

" You were right akka. He did what you exactly told" informed Urvashi as she went near her. Nandhini opened her eyes and took her hand off her head and asked " Did you mix it ?" Asked Nandhini, with a evil smile.

" Yes, but what is it akka?" Questioned a clueless Urvashi. " You'll know soon, Urvashi" replied Nandhini as she got up from the place and opened the door. She stopped near it , turned to Urvashi and gave her a smile.

Urvashi knew that something was going to happen, Nandhini always doesn't smile like that. Urvashi gulped thinking about is, she shook her head and sat on the bed.
__________________________________

Nandhini saw karikalan sleep on the bed and sighed as she entered the chamber.

Nandini went to the pile of clothes she brought when she came to the palace. It had a woodden box inside. Nandini was about to take the box out, but she was jerked by Karikalan, calling her name
"Nandhini?" Called karikalan as he saw her with the bundle.