The News Of Arrival

Thanja Palace's Grand Hall,
Night,

Some soldiers were trying to pour water on the fire to stop it, but it didn't control the fire.

Nandhini reached inside the hall,she kept a step to go forward, ' If I go like this, they will question me, I have to do something." Thought Nandhini.

She thought about this and kicked a half burnt pillar, the pillar started falling, " Help ! Help! Someone help!" Screamed Nandhini.

Her scream caught the attention of Karikalan who was busy helping other people . " Nandhini" he mumbled as he started running towards the source of her voice.

He saw Nandhini standing the centre, The pillar beside her was slowly falling. " Nandhini!"screamed karikalan as he ran quickly towards her and pulled her away from the place.

Just as he pulled her, the pillar fell , broke. He held Nandhini's hands and brought her out.

" Where were you Nandhini, how did you get caught in the fire?". Nandhini started coughing vigorously to avoid his question, he ordered a maid to get some water for her.

She drank the water and sat down. Karikalan came to sit beside her, Nandini turned her head to the other side and started thinking' how, was I fooled regarding my father's health ?' .
_____________________________________

In the Morning,

Nobody slept in the palace, the news of the incident spread throughout the country.

Karikalan came inside the chamber furiously, Nandhini was sitting on the diwan with her fist on her chin, thinking about something.

" Where did the senadhipathi go yesterday?, Was he sleeping? questioned Karikalan to a soldier.

The soldier bowed down and suggested" I will go and check on him Ilavarase" . Karikalan nodded and dismissed him.

He turned to look at Nandhini, " Are you alright Nandini? Did you get hurt ? " Karikalan asked,check for wounds. " No karikalare, I am totally alright." Replied Nandhini as she held his hands.

He hugged her suddenly, causing her to freeze, she didn't hug him back but stayed still.

The same soldier came running and entered the chamber panting,
" Ilavarase".

"Yes what happen ?" Asked Karikalan cursing under his breath, as he broke the hug.

" Ilavarase our senadhipathi -" started the soldier . "What happen to him?" Asked Karikalan walking towards him. " He-he is dead Ilavarase " replied the soldier with his head down.

Adhita Karikalan was filled with shock , he couldn't believe his own ears. " What are you saying?" asked Karikalan in a low voice.

" Yes , Ilavarase " told the soldier. Nandhini who was sitting on the diwan got up and stood beside Karikalan.

" If what he is saying is true, we will have to take a look " told Nandhini assuring karikalan that everything will be alright. Both of them walked fast towards his chamber.

What they saw there made karikalan take a step back. Kalanthakan was liying dead with his throat slit open.

His right arm was missing, Karikalan scanned the room he found a palm leaf script and a thing wrapped in silk cloth.

He opened the script,

Greetings to the GREAT ADHITA KARIKALAN, I see that you are in a great shock reading this letter. This is just the beginning, you will have to see much more. This is a small gift from me.