Letter From Apsara

Present Time,
Madurai- palace,

Nandini was standing in the balcony, tears flowed down her eyes. ' The tears I controlled seeing my father's dead body, came when I thought about him. He does have a big impact on me' thought nandini.

The sound of crickets were replaced by the sound of birds chirping. Nandhini didn't sleep for a single minute in two days. She went to take a bath with Urvashi and then returned to her chamber.

" Urvashi my brother called you it seems, go and meet him " told Nandhini. Urvashi's eyes brighten at the call " Really!" Asked Urvashi in happiness.

" Yes" told Nandhini. Urvashi immediately ran to his camber. Just as she went Nandhini took an Nail and started to write something on a palm leaf script.

She asked a servent to summon a messenger. The servent immediately called the messenger. The messenger came in after a few minutes.

Nandhini reread the script and took a ring from her hand and gave it to him telling him that it will help him in delivering the letter.

She secured the script with a thick thread and gave it to the messenger and told " Give it to the young tiger of cholas, don't give it to anyone except him . If you face any problem on the way, come back here. "

The messenger bowed and took the scroll from her hands. Amarabhiujhangan who was on the way to Nandhini's room to ask why she has sent Urvashi there, noticed the messenger leaving Nandhini's room .

Amarabhiujhangan became suspicious
' what is she planing now ' thought Amarabhiujhangan. He entered into her camber and asked " akka what was the messenger doing here?".

Nandini who was washing her hands replied,"Oh, I just sent a letter to the young tiger" .

Amarabhiujhangan was confused
" why would you send a letter to him, have you gone mad?". "No I am just working on my plan." Told Nandhini as she sat on the diwan. She gestured him to sit beside her.

Amarabhiujhangan sat beside her.
" I have called him to the Veera Narayan Perumal temple " told Nandhini, looking at her hands.

Amarabhiujhangan knew that his sister is planing something big , and asked
" How are you sure that he will come there . "

She diverted her eyes for her hands and looked at Amarabhiujhangan and told " It is me who has called him ." I will be starting my 'tour' from noon , informed Nandhini.

Amarabhiujhangan remained silent he didn't ask the question which he came to ask and left.

On the other hand the messenger was traveling to the Thanjavur Palace. He reached the main gate. He was stopped by the senadhipathi ,kalanthakan . " Wait who are you? You don't look like you are from the chola nadu. " Asked the senadhipathi.

" Ayya I am a messenger from Elangai, sent by price arunmozli to deliver a letter to the crown prince. "Told the messenger.

"How can I trust you?, Soldiers tie his hands." Ordered the senadhipathi.
" Ayya trust me I'm Really a messenger, I even have prince Arunmozli's ring which was given by him, for easy identification." Told the messenger as he was being tied .

" Really! Show me the ring " ordered The senadhipathi to show him the rings. He took a ring from his pocket and showed it to him.

" Puli mudirai" he whispered. " Ok give me the letter I will give it to him" the senadhipathi streched out his hands for the letter.

" I am really sorry ayya, I was ordered by the prince to give it directly to the Crown prince, it's a very confidential information it seems" told the messenger as he asked for the ring. The senadhipathi looked at him suspicious and took him to the Crown prince's room .

" Ilavarase your brother has sent a information it seems please take a look" told the senadhipathi as he entered into his chamber.

Karikalan who was talking about the taxes with some ministers got up and asked " Arunmozli? Really, he sends letters only to the Chakravarthy, Anyways give it to me" karikalan asked the letter.

The messenge told " sorry Ilavarase it's a confidential matter and cannot be discussed in everyone's presence" . The prince dismissed everyone gathered there.

The messenger slowly gave the letter to the prince. Karikalan opened it and started reading it his eyes were filled with happiness.

Dear karikalare,

This letter is from your Sita, I sincerely apologise for my actions on the day you left me . I have made a very big sin by reacting to it that way. I should have known how it would hurt you. I want to apologise to you face to face, I want to confess everything to you. So, I kindly request you to come to the Veera Narayan Perumal temple. I pleaded princess Urvashi very much to arrange for a messenger. I think the messenger would have come with the letter safely and please don't tell about this letter to anyone especially your grandfather. This Sita will be waiting for her ram .

With love,
Nandhini.

Karikalan was confused whether to believe this letter or not so he asked the messenger wether he had any proofs. The messenger nodded and took out the ring " Ilavarase, that Devi told me to show this to you for confirmation." told the messenger.

He one hundred percent now believes that it was Nandhini who sent this. He got the letter from his hands and dismissed the messenger.

The messenger bowed down and left the chamber. Karikalan was very happy he was literally jumping from ground to sky. His happiness had no boundaries.

But he suddenly thought about how his family would react if they got to know about them. They would definitely try to separate them.

Karikalan had to think about a plan to go and meet Nandhini without getting caught so he thought to use the same Idea by Nandhini , using Arunmozli 's name.

Karikalan wrote a palm leaf letter in Arunmozli's handwriting. He took it to the king.

Sundara Chola was liying on his bed got the letter from Karikalan's hand and read it.

" Arunmozli has asked someone to accompany him to the war in south Elangai." Told Sundara Chola as he was went through the letter. " Who would go to accompany him?" Asked Sundara Chola to the people in the room.

Nobody uttered a single word. Using thas an opportunity he told" father I would like to accompany him". " But son you have things to do here. It wouldn't be right if you went there." Told Sundara Chola.

" Father but Arunmozli sent this letter directly to me and not you, this means that is wants me to come to accompany him."suggested Karikalan.

Sundara Chola thought for a second and said "sure you can start your journey from tomorrow".

" What is the need of delaying father, I will start my journey from now on. " Anounced karikalan as he headed to prepare for the journey.

Karikalan started his journey in a few hours. He traveled alone his was happy that his grandfather was not with him. It was nearly night till he reached the temple. He tied his horse to a tree near by and entered the temple.
" Nandhini?"

What do you think will happen in the temple?

Hope you liked this chapter. Please leave a comment and vote. Special thanks to RagKee for supporting.