A Shocking Truth

After a month,
Thanjavur,

Nandhini had been silent from that day, she rarely even talks with Urvashi.

Karikalan was now partially used to Nandhini's ignorance.

whenever he tries to speak with her She leaves the room, ignoring him.

He had tried a lot to tell Nandhini the truth but every time he tried, was unsuccessful.

" Parthibandhra, did you get any news about the abathudivagal?" Questioned Karikalan who was in Parthibandhran's chamber talking with him.

"No, Ilavarase but We have got news that the abathudivagal are in Elangai." Replied Parthibandhra.

"What! Why would they go to Elangai?" Asked Karikalan.

"Maybe they have gone there to meet their leader?" Suggested Parthibandhran.

" No, their leader is inside our Chola Nadu, I am sure of that." Replied Karikalan as he started to analyse the situation.

" Then why would they go to Elangai?" questioned Parthibandhran.

" Arunmozli, Arunmozli's life is in danger," informed Karikalan.

Karikalan's eyes widened as he realized the situation.

" If so, don't worry Ilavarase, our Vandhiya devar there, he will take care of Arunmozli Varmar," told Parthibandhran as he kept his hands on Karikalan's shoulders.

"I care about my brother too, I am going to call back Arunmozli to Thanjavur." Announced Karikalan as he turned back to leave the chamber.

"Nanba, don't take any decision in nervousness. Think, If Arunmozli comes back, then the Elangai Kings will plot to capture their Kingdom back. " Explained Parthibandhran.

Karikalan shook his head," No, I can't let my brother stay in danger" panicked Karikalan.

" Ilavarase, I will send a letter to Vandhiya Devan about the threat" consoled Parthibandhran.

" No, if he cannot come here, then I will go to Elangai." Told Karikalan and he started to leave.

" Ilavarase please understand, Your wife needs you more." Told Parthibandhran. Karikalan halted.

He thought for a minute and sighed. " Ok, send a letter to Arunmozli about this."

" Thank you for understanding, Ilavarase," smiled Parthibandhran. ____________________________________
Karikalan's Chamber,

Karikalan's room was entirely dark except for the undersized oil lamp in front of him on the table.

He had been sitting on his diwan in his chamber with many copper jugs scattered all around the room.

Karikalan groaned and got up from his seat. " I won't leave her until I get my answers." Mumbled Karikalan as he stumbled towards Nandhini's Chamber.

Nandhini was peacefully sleeping o on her bed, Suddenly she heard the sound of things falling.

Nandhini jerked awake, she saw Karikalan stumbling inside the chamber and immediately guessed that he was drunk.

Nandhini kept staring at Karikalan as he stumbled towards her.

"Nandhini," called out Karikalan. Nandhini turned her head in disgust.

" Nandhini please don't ignore me, This hurts me more than stabs of swords." Pleaded karikalan.

Nandhini chuckled bitterly and replied, " This is the least I can do to make you regret"

"Nandhini, please forgive me." Pleaded Karikalan as he stopped near Nandhini.