Chapter Seventeen- A Chance of Humanity and A Moment's Split Decision

"Please!" Colin pleaded. He held Jennifer's unconscious body in his arms as he watched her and begged for her to move. He pressed his head against hers as he cried. His tears dropped without the care of their weapons pointed to him. "If you have a heart at all!"

Cynthia saw something in Colin that she had once seen in herself; desperation of revenge. His eyes became raged as he charged the men with the weapons. Standing before Jennifer, he stood with an AK-47 tight in his grasp and picked up Jennifer with the other. Slinging her over his shoulder, he watched each step before running from the ship graveyard and into town. He himself was still foggy, but his love for Jennifer kept him anxious to save her.

"You need to wake up!" He pleaded as he sat her along the grass outside the city. Pinching her nose, he moved down slowly and breathed in, making her cheeks expand. Then, he moved his hands in an "x" shape on her chest and pushed with a nice force to remove any water in her throat. He repeated this over and over again before quickly noticing she gasped. She grabbed onto his hand and held him close, not releasing him for a moment.

"Our son?" She asked. Colin shook his head. As they went to stand, the cocking of a gun was heard in a short distance. There was Cynthia. She was alone but just as dangerous as if there were fifty guns accompanying her.

"I would not worry about your son. Since he is in Tokyo by now...if he made the journey I am assuming..."

"I though you were dead..." Jennifer said as she continued coughing.

"I wanted vengeance. Why would I die before I saw it? You see...I intended for both you and Jennifer to take the rap for my death...but my daughter informed me of your escape...Damn Will Claycroft saved you...but died in the process..." She said with a side smirk, angering Colin.

"He was a hero. Something you can never imagine!"

"Can't I? How I see it is I saved the world from the little adulteress and the snake. Your child will be raised despising everything you are. Your very name with make him sick."

"Why not just kill us? Or me?" Colin asked, standing in front of Jennifer. "How much more do you want?"

"Seeing you together means you are happy...I cannot stand that."

"Then why did you let me go before? You could have easily had your goons kill me...Why let me go?"

"Because I am not such a horrible person...am I? I let you live a moment longer. I am giving you a chance to die together. To live a poetic life and a pathetically dramatic ending..."

"Please just tell us our son is safe..." Jennifer pleaded, eyes streaming down her cheeks.

"Of course. I am not a complete monster. He is with my daughter as we speak..." She pulled the top of the gun back, then pointed it to Colin who guarded Jennifer. "Now....any last pleas?"

Colin turned to Jennifer before kissing her. "I love you." Just as he turned, the gun went off and everything went white.