Chapter Sixteen- Imprisoned Within Hope and Disaster

Clutching onto the axe tightly, Jennifer thought of what to do. She quickly ran back to where Colin was being held when she found him and found small lockers that were submerged half in water. Having great issue pushing them open, she eventually succeeded and placed a half comatose Colin in one of the lockers and herself in the other. She watched as two of the goons as well as Cynthia entered the room. Almost being drowned themselves, they eventually left as the ship shifted. Jennifer took a deep breath as she heard their footsteps leave the boat and go to the next one.

But as the goon released his foot on the dock, the ship began to turn until it capsized. Jennifer was knocked unconscious as Colin fought his way from the ship. Luckily, Jennifer had dropped the axe outside of the lockers and it was now on the corner as the ship turned. Colin limped to the axe and clutched it as she had done before. Moving toward the lockers, he saw how her head was underneath the water as the gravity caused the ship's water to move as well-covering her way of breathing.

Although his vision was fuzzy and every part that had skin on his body throbbed with pain, he swung the axe up to hit the locker open as it was jammed from the water. Missing the first swing, he quickly did it once more and then it opened. Jennifer fell out and he caught her, landing perfectly in his arms. He brushed her hair away and found he wasn't breathing. His heart stopped before him. Although weak, and near death himself, he would do anything to save her.

"Please my love!" He said with a raspy voice. He was desperate for her eyes to open. "I cannot lose you..."

She was motionless in his grasp as he brought her above deck. Making his way through the water and eventually free, a gun was placed to his head. Cynthia's hard gaze was upon his as his eyes were heavy.

"Well well we meet again..."

"Please just let me save her. Please..." With damp hair that hung just over his eyes, he looked to her with desperation. "Please..."

*MORE GREAT SCENES UP AHEAD! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TO REACH ANOTHER 20 VOTES! WE GOT THIS!