Chapter Thirteen- And Scene...

Sliding the bartender money, the two men watched as Jennifer watched Jenny. Her eyes never moved once as she waited for her to take the stage. Within a matter of minutes, her long heels clicked on the floor as the dress slid on the stage. A single spotlight landed on her as she opened her mouth and a sweet voice emerged. Singing an older song made famous by a now dead one-hit-wonder, Jennifer watched in amazement. The talkative crowd was now silenced as she spoke. She finished her song as she took a deep breath. Bowing her head before the crowd, they stood on their feet and applauded her as she made her way back stage.

Jennifer followed as slid between the curtains before entering her dressing room.

"Please Sam, tell the fans I'm not-Oh...Jennifer..."

Jennifer stood with a deadpanned expression and just clapped.

"That's one hell of an act. For almost a year...You made me believe you were truly a deprived kid. Now I know. It all makes since. The way you came into our lives- a "victim" to Thomas. He hired you-"

"No. I swear it-" Her eyes began to water.

"Cut the waterworks. I don't buy it. It made since why you helped us. To get the recognition. Now since Cynthia is dead and Colin supposedly killed her-your part is finished. Where the hell is he?"

"I swear to you-"

"No more lies-"

"Jennifer...Listen!" She snapped. "I was not hired. I am her daughter. I am not sure if I am Thomas's. All I know is she escaped her mental institution a few years ago. Found Thomas or he found her and then they got me. I was staying with my Aunt. He did have me become a dummy in the chair so you would linger and he could catch you. He never expected you to take care of me like you did. I then told him the deal was off. I won't lie...I fell in love with Colin. I know it can never be because he loves you so much-I can see it. But I realized you all would be better off without me so I bolted."

"That doesn't explain where Colin is..."

"I don't know. I thought you two would be long gone by now. I planned to ditch on the stop but then the two goons attacked us. When you were sleeping, I snuck away, leaving the little baby with Colin. I haven't seen him since I swear."

"The two goons. I think they have been following me all day and night. If you want to make things right...help me."

As she pleaded with Jenny, two hard fists hit against the door.

"Leelah! Let us in!" Their voices were hard against Jennifer's ears. She knew without a doubt, she was trapped...