Chapter Eleven- An Ally, A Plan, A Possible Escape

"A terrorist?!" The maid screamed as she tried to exit the bathroom.

"Please miss, stay calm. We have to get off this train because he is after us. I promise now harm will come to anyone on our behalf if you let us get off."

"Our next stop is not for another hour at least..." She leaned on the sink before looking at them. "Did you really kill that girl?"

"No. I was framed...."

They shared a moment where Colin went on his knees before her. "I can promise you, you will stay safe. Please, please help us..."

She looked and nodded. "But how?"

"I have a plan..." Colin said as he filled them in.

Bolting out the door, the lady ran to one end of the train and hit the emergency brake before the train's wheels began screeching. Jennifer ran toward Jenny as Colin followed and they found how the doors between the cabins were open. They ran quickly before locking it behind them. Hiding in a storage cabin, they took one more sigh of relief. Nestled close together, the group decided on their next move.

"This is something that only happens in those low-budget crummy spy movies..." Jenny said as she held the baby close to her chest. "But what do we do? We can only leave that way..."

"Not exactly..." He said as he pointed toward the rear of the caboose. The door was jammed but they looked outside the small window and saw the track behind them. The train was slowly stopping and they needed to find a way out. And fast.

"How do we get through this?" Jennifer asked, tugging on the door hard. Colin took the fire extinguisher and hit on the door handle but watched as it dented the extinguisher container.

"There must be some way..." Colin said aloud. "Something in someone's luggage. People always travel with the most bizarre stuff..." He said as he tore a bag from the shelf and went through it quickly. Making it a third of the bags, they heard in the distance a gunshot that opened a far door.

"We have to hurry!" Jennifer yelled as she was desperate for something.

Just before losing hope, a passenger had a handsaw in his bag. Colin shoved it through the door and cut out the doorknob before jumping from the moving train. As they ran down the muddy and windy tunnels, they could hear in the short distance-the sound of it stopping completely...