Chapter Four- The Unplanned Escape

Colin stood at the door as he kissed Jennifer goodbye as the plan would then come into action. They planned that this night would be the escape. Talking through the hole in the wall to his accomplice, he found that he was eager and ready.

It seemed like forever until it rolled around to the time of their plan. Sitting there waiting for the guard to come around, the man in the cell beside him began shaking and convulsing to get his attention. All Colin heard was the noises of the guard's grunting and then the man emerged with the officer's uniform as he locked him up. Walking by Colin's cell he smiled at him.

"Where are the keys?" Colin asked him, giving him a look of anxiousness.

"Oh boy, so naive."

"What? What are you doing?"

"You were right about something...Why would I help you?"

"Why even tell me about it anyway?"

"Two reasons. The main one is that you didn't squeal. I wasn't sure if you were the rat type. Second...I did consider helping until I realized you are much better use to me dead. That wife of yours...Blonde bombshell."

"Don't you dare touch her!" He released all anger he held behind. Gripping the bars tight, the bars nearly bending due to his strength.

"Oh don't worry. I'll take good care of her..."

"She won't leave me for you!"

"True...but when there isn't a you to go back to....the equation is in my favor now isn't it?"

"Guard!" Colin yelled as his voice echoed through the halls. Just then the man who stood before him got an angry grimace.

"You just sealed her fate now..." He then ran off before the guards came rushing in.

He explained the entire situation to them before they decided to go after him. One guard stayed behind in case it had been a trap or a trick.

"You know, if you supply them with help on this case...they just may reduce your sentence..."

"Really?"

"Yep. If you became an informant...they might let you go..."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"That girl...she attacked me one time. I don't believe you hurt her. You seem like a good man and deserve a break."

"Thank you."

"If that doesn't work...I'll help break you out of here.."

"Why would you do that?"

"Your wife was persistent and willing with the payment. Some amounts of money you just can't turn down..."

"She hired you?"

"Yep. About a month ago. First, to keep an eye on you then to help you."

"Ah. Now it makes since with the other inmates. I would have been dead if it wasn't for you...You stopped them from ending me..."

"You know what? Come with me...follow my lead...You need to get back to your son. Just do exactly what I say and listen close..." He said opening the cell and placing handcuffs in front of him.

*Need 20 votes per chapter or no more updates. Love you all! If you have updated on this chapter but not others, don't forget to vote! God Bless! INTENSE SCENES AHEAD!!!!