Chapter Ten- Off the Rails

"All aboard!" A man yelled from the train as a somewhat small line of people gathered before the train. Colin held Jennifer's hand tight as he pulled the baby close on his chest. With not so much as a suitcase in hand, they boarded the train and took a breath of relief. Choosing seats in the middle of the dining car, they decided to take the most of their trip. They had not eaten since this time the day before and decided it was best to refuel before they continued.

Ordering the most inexpensive things on the menu to keep themselves under the radar, they awaited anxiously as others made their way to the dining car. Making small talk about how they met to Jenny, they all ate their food within a handful of minutes.

"Can you watch the baby?" Jennifer asked as she gave Jenny the child. Without warning, Jennifer pulled Colin from his sitting position and into the bathroom near the rear of the car. He pinned her against the door which slammed it shut and kissed her.

"What has gotten into you?"

"I don't know. I just have not been able to be with you in so long. I miss your touch. Your skin on mine." She said taking a large gasp as he kissed her neck. Not wasting a single precious second, he began unbuttoning her shirt before a loud knock came on the door.

"Occupied." Jennifer said since Colin had to not draw attention. But as they continued to kiss, the person did not let up. "I said it's occupied." She yelled back. Anxious for the moment when they could continue. The knocking persisted.

Opening the door with just a slight crack, she saw a very tall man with a scary face. He had appeared to have scars on his face and a busted lip as if just beat up within the last few hours. Closing the door quietly, she turned to him.

"What do we do? We can't escape a moving train..." She said with fear in her eyes. "The baby!"

"It's okay my love..." He said trying to calm her by rubbing her arms. She buttoned up her shirt as he looked around. Right beside the sink was and emergency button used mostly for the elderly. Chosen at the right time, they could quickly escape. "Do you trust me?" He asked as he turned back to her.

"With all my heart." She said with a kiss on his lips. He turned and flipped the switch before finding a lighter knock on the door. A young woman dressed in a company uniform stood outside. Jennifer pulled her in as she noticed the other man was standing far back-watching their every move. Now all they had to do was convince her...But how?