Chapter Twelve- Savages in the City

They had been unaware where they were as they exited the tunnels. It exited near a stream where they decided to rest for the night underneath the cover of some trees. As they laid there, Jenny asleep next to the baby, Colin looked toward Jennifer.

"Do you find it strange how we found that saw? What kind of person takes a saw with them on break?"

"A lumberjack?" She joked, her voice tired and her eyes closed. "I was thinking the same thing. Do you think it belonged to the men coming after us? Cynthia seemed to know some twisted guys..."

"I think so...I just am terrified."

"What for?" Her eyes were now open and looking to his.

"What if this never ends? There will always be someone coming after me. I have a price on me...Someone will want to collect..."

"We will still use that plan. We just have to go about it differently. More thorough planning. We'll talk about it tomorrow..." She gave him a sweet and short kiss on the lips before turning over and falling asleep against the semi-wet grass. At this point, they had not cared where they were they just wanted to rest.

As Jennifer awoke, she found she was the only one still asleep on the ground. Her heart stopped as she noticed her child was gone. She was desperate for a visual on the baby as well as Colin and Jenny. Fearful for the worst, she jumped up and ran near the river and followed it to find she was in the city. New York City. It was obvious due to the signs as well as the people wearing their "I love New York" t-shirts.

She went up to anyone who would not walk away and describe Colin and Jenny in hopes of finding them. She only found strange looks given to her as well as even some people wanting autographs. But one person could help...

"Yes, I saw him with two other men. They were wearing long black coats and sunglasses. Had a baby with him too. Poor thing was crying up a storm..." The old lady said as she pointed in the direction they were headed.

As she turned, a car came out of nowhere and just missed her. The driver yelled something out the window before flipping her off. She quickly kept running until she entered a club. A beautiful nightclub with gangsters as well as singers. It appeared to her as if she stepped into something from the forties. A girl came on stage and mesmerized the crowd. An angelic voice covered each corner of the bar, making it almost impossible for her to ask anyone. She decided to wait until the set was finished. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Jenny. Dressed in a red sequin gown with her hair long and wavy on one side-pinned by a red clip. She was tapping on a microphone before fixing her dress.

"A drink?" A bartender asked Jennifer as she nodded.

"The strongest one you got."

He nodded before leaving and returning almost instantly with a drink. "Do you mind if I got an autograph?" He asked as he took out a napkin and placed it on the table with a pen. She nodded before complying.

"Thank you."

"No problem." She said as she quickly placed her eyes back to Jenny. She was unaware of the bartender's movements that followed. He made his way near the back of the establishment and handed the napkin to two men in long black coats. They looked at it with close attention before looking at each other than back at the bartender.

"That's her."