Ch. 8 || Audacity

Start from the beginning

I unlock my phone and call the only person who will come to my aid regardless of time and place.

Cade: "Hey, What’s up?" He says in a sleepy voice.

Me: "I'll send you my location, come right away and pick me up" My anger clearly showing in my voice.

Cade: "Is everything alright? Are you okay?" He is fully awake now. I hear a door closing behind me.

I glance at the direction the McLaren drifted. The car escalated its speed and disappeared into the dark. And I swore at that moment, I'm going to make him pay for this.

And I was also sure of one thing, I'll never get along with him.
I don't hate any person, no matter what they did but now all I can feel for Damien is hate.

First, he comes to save me when I don’t need saving. Then he insults me. This is like most of our conversations. It’s like we are meant to be a catastrophe.

Me: "I'm alright Cade, just come fast" and I end the call.

When I told him to stop the car, I didn't actually mean it. I was hurt by his words and I am sure he knows. Still, he dropped me in the middle of nowhere.

Why did he even offer me the ride if he didn't want my presence?
I take a deep breath. My emotions are a mess.

It’s around 15 minutes when the sun starts to light up the world, making the darkness fade away in its wake.

A car’s vroom in the distance has me turning around. A gray Ferrari sF90 Stradale stops in front of me.

I take a step forward as the driver's side window draws down. A pair of ocean-like deep blue eyes look at me, worried.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Cade says in a scolding tone.

His thick dark wavy hair is messy. I feel bad for distributing his sleep but I know he would be pissed if he got to know I didn’t call him.

He is wearing a white t-shirt which is tight for his muscled body and his six pack can be seen through his thin t-shirt.

His torso, hands and neck are totally covered in black and red tattoos. Expensive watch in his hands, and sereval expensive rings.

His jaw is sharp, perfectly chiseled face structure, clean shave with fuller lips and a straight nose, he looks like a sin hiding beneath the charm.
He is 6'6 by the way, with a panty dropping smile.

He has this charming personality which drives half of the womankind crazy.

In 9 years of our friendship, I've seen almost thousands of women drooling all over him, begging for him and trust me when I say this, there were actually many women who were ready to kill for him.

And I'm not gonna lie, when we first met even, I was affected by his charm but that was really for a single moment. Cade turned out to be a great friend. A brother I never had and I never wanted to break that bond.

I walk around the car towards the passenger seat and sit inside.

"Uhh long story” I roll my eyes.
"Good thing we've got enough time at our hands" he points out in his deep voice.

But his deep voice was different from Damien.
Damien's voice is like a sharp blade and Cade's voice is like a heavy hammer.

Cade starts driving as I explain everything to him from the top.
The marriage deal, mine and Lucien's interaction one year ago and at office, my recent incident with that stalker guy and how Damien left me in the middle of nowhere.