48

♡ Roman ♡

My body thrashes forward as Levs body follows through with his lash, a deep chuckle leaving his lips.

"Had enough?" He breathes out, breaths tired from the multiple hours of this as he drops the metal clipped belt from his opposite hand. He smirks as he straightens once again and bends down to my slumped level to try and find my gaze as my head rolls to the side.

The familiar iron taste fills my mouth as blood leaks from the side as my eyes droop, my throat sore from my cries and eyes welled with tears.

My head stings as he grips my hair roots, tugging my head upwards as my half closed eyes meet his.

"Hmmm" he says in an questioning tone.

Not getting a response, he releases my hair as my head drops immediately.

His footsteps echo on the floor as he walks towards the door and leaves, a lock sounding on the other side as I'm left alone.

I quickly spit out the blood in my mouth as it joins the splatters of blood from earlier also on the concrete floor. My head falls back unsupported, looking toward the ceiling, adjusting my position as the multiple thin wires split and dig into the skin of my wrists as they pull my arms apart and connect to pillars on each side of me.

My back stings from the lashes as they're left open and exposed, the only thing covering my body being my sports bra and sleeppants, my shirt torn and tossed off to the side hours ago.

But he's safe.

Alexandre's safe.

And that's what all this is for. To keep him and everyone else safe.

My mind wanders back to the last couple days and how I could barely remember it. I remembered people and small slots of time but I couldn't gather a good picture. I mean, maybe that's along with what he wanted though, for me to barely remember the days leading up to this, to barely remember my goodbyes.

After I first took the pills to get him to stay away initially from Alexandre, a new envelope would end up on my pillow every night and eventually it was all I could think about.

Three days.

That's all it took, three fucking days, until the line between protecting everyone and the need to get high started to dim. But I guess that was one of his moves in his game after all.

But it all changed this morning. With a single photo, place and time. A man handing Alexandre a small toy at a park, with an address of an old church nearby and to be there in 10 minutes.

I didn't even hesitate as I left the penthouse through the staircase.

The door creaking open tears me from my thoughts as I look toward the person.

He enters the room at a slow pace, looking serenely at the surroundings before focusing on me. A large downward smirk spreads across his lips as my stomach churns at the site.

His hands behind his back as he steps into the room fully, his expensive shoes creating a clack against the concrete.

"Birdy" he sighs out as he steps closer to me, my jaw uncomfortably clenching at the name.

My body mostly being held up by the wires completely as my head automatically falls, my chin meeting my chest due to my exhaustion.

His shoes appear in my sight aimed towards the ground before he squats to meet my level. My eyes droop slightly as I feel his fingers grip each side of my chin tightly and pull my head slightly up to meet his eyes before he flashes a large smile.