42

⚜ Cyrille ⚜

I pushed the door open, feeling the warm breeze immediately escape through the door. I step in and my eyes immediately find Roman sitting on her chair in front of the open french doors.

It's been a few days since she and Augustus went for dinner with his parents and she stayed with him and Alexandre for a couple days so I'm glad when I see that she's finally back. She must've got back to the penthouse sometime during the night since she sent us a text saying she's back but was going to sleep and then hasn't talked to anyone since.

Like always she sits curled up into a ball, her knees tucked up to her chin and her head leaned back resting with her eyes closed. Her headphones rest over her ears as the sun beams through the open doors, the breeze feeling nice against the hot air during the summer months.

I walk closer to her and lightly place my palm on her shoulder, her eyes open lightly, the two colours warming in the sun as she looks up at me seeming dazed.

"Hey" she murmurs as she pulls the headphones off and drapes them over her neck.

"Hey, uh so we just talked to the doctor and he said that UNOS hasn't been able to find any hearts that are compatible with you yet" I say as I sit down on her bed beside the chair she sits at.

Her gaze leaves me as she looks out in front of her, and nods seeming discouraged.

"Mhmm.. how long will the pacemaker last?" She murmurs.

"A while, we just have to be careful" I say.

She nods in response. The pacemaker is working and it's will continue to do so we just have to be more careful with things until we can find a heart. But she'll be fine, she has to be.

"I'm sorry" she whispers, her head turning to me as my brows furrow.

She tucks her chin deeper into her knees and encircles her arms and wraps them around the opposite shoulder, hugging herself.

"Tulipe, don't be sorry they'll find a heart and you'll be fine"

"No Im-I'm sorry Cy" she struggles to get out sounding sorrowful.

I quickly stand and round to her front, kneeling down in front of her trying to find her gaze. When I finally do, her eyes are lined with tears and rimmed red, looking slightly sunken in.

"Hey hey, what's going on?" I say as she looks down at me.

"You found me right?"

"What?" I whisper confused at what she's referring to.

"When I- when I overdosed under the bridge, someone told me that Remy held the twins back and you where the one that had to find me and see everything" she murmured as it felt like my heart cracked.

"Yeah-"

"I'm so sorry" she murmured as she sniffled and tightened her hold on her shoulders, hugging herself tightly.

"Hey, come here" I said as I pulled her hands away from her shoulder and towards me as I stood up. Her hands wrapped around me as she buried her head into my chest and clung onto me tightly. I hugged her back just as tightly, noticing how she seemed to be shaking slightly.

"I just- I wanted it to stop but I'm so sorry that you had to find me like that... I never told you how sorry I am to have put you in that situation" she murmured, her arms squeezing me tightly.

"Please don't apologize, you were in pain and you did what you were accustomed to doing. We should have known you weren't alright and done better to help" I murmured into her hair as I laid a kiss against the crown of her head.

"I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry, for everything too. I know taking me in was difficult and hard especially with everything and I'll always be thankful for everything you guys have done for me" she whispered.

"Getting you back is the best thing that has ever happened to us and you never have to thank us for anything we do because we'd do it no matter what, and you don't ever have to apologize to us or anyone else. Hmm?" I said I pulled away slightly to see her eyes and tapped the tip of her nose as I hummed in question.

A small smile formed as she nodded and pulled away. But I couldn't shake the odd feeling forming in my chest. The feeling of her words sounding like goodbyes. The feeling that she wanted to say certain things before she wouldn't be able to.

"You sure your ok?" I asked sincerely trying to show how much I wanted her to tell me if something was wrong.

She hummed as she sat back in her chair, directly in the sun. Her pupils constricted as the sun hit her eyes and my eyebrows furrowed seeing how small they got. She cleared her throat and I snapped out of it, noticing how I must have been staring.

I shake off my thoughts before smiling.

"Ok, Remy and I will be downstairs if you need anything" I say and she nods.

I round her chair heading for the door before opening it. Looking back once more I can't help but smile at the fact that she's still with us.

➸ Lev ➸

(6 hours earlier)

"Готово?" He said blankly as I stood still by the door.
(It's done?)

"Да, сэр, он говорит, что положил конверт ей на подушку, как вы просили, с тем, что вы просили внутри. Недавно он подтвердил, что она получила его." I replied as he pushed a file aside and a grin made its way onto his face.
(Yes Sir, he says he placed the envelope on her pillow like you requested with what you asked for inside. He confirmed recently that she received it)

"Хорошо, начните поощрять" He said before signalling for me to leave upon my nodding in response.
(Good, begin giving encouragements)