CHOCOLATE TEARS

Chapter 3

CHOCOLATE TEARS

NEOMA believed that a woman's tears could be used as a weapon.

So she cried– loud.

[Just like how babies my age would cry.]

Nero obviously looked startled when she cried. "N-Neoma, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Are you hurt?"

"Brother is scaring Neoma," she said in a shaking voice. Gosh, sometimes she could really surprise herself with how good she was at acting. "Brother's face looks scary. Neoma doesn't like it."

Nero looked like he was suddenly slapped back to reality. It seemed like he was also surprised by his sudden change of attitude. "Oh, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry," he said. Then, he touched her cheek. When he smiled, he returned to his usual angelic face. "Are you still afraid of me, Neoma?"

Neoma smiled and shook her head. Then, she put her little hand on top of Nero's hand on her cheek. "The brother Neoma knows is back."

***

WHEN Neoma opened her eyes, Nero's sleeping face greeted her.

[Ah, yes. We still shared the same bed at this age.]

But they had separate play and study rooms because their schedule were different from each other. They were only together during breakfast, lunch, dinner, and sleeping time.

[In my past life, Nero would sleep on the other side of the bed with his back turned on me.]

But right now, he slept on his sides to face her.

[I didn't expect to change our relationship this easy.]

Well, in the past, she was gloomy and aloof. She harbored hate against her twin brother so she was very bitter to him. And as a result, Nero grew distant from her.

But when she came back in time, she acted like how she was in her second life: cute, lively, and very positive. She was a ball of sunshine. Thankfully, her attitude changed when she was born into a loving family.

So technically, she wasn't really faking her bubbly personality now.

But every time she wanted to capture Nero's attention, she would switch to her "actress mode." She had been doing that for a year ever since she came back in time.

[Luckily, it's easy to change a child's heart.]

Still, Nero's action a while ago scared her for real. She saw a glimpse of the craziness that he had displayed in her past life.

[Was it possible that his mental health problem started in childhood?]

Gosh, now she suddenly felt protective of him. She had a bad history with him but that was already in the past. They have a good relationship now so she didn't have a reason to hate him. Plus, she wanted to get along with him this time.

[Most of all, my mental age is older than Nero. I should protect my brother. I'll make sure that he won't grow a psycho as he did in the past.]

"Neoma?" Nero asked when he opened his eyes. Then, he smiled at her. "The royal doctor said you had a light fever a while ago. But he made a medicine that suits our body. How do you feel now?"

"Neoma feels better now, Brother," she said with a smile. "Thank you for taking care of Neoma."

He just smiled. "I already fired your nanny. She'll be replaced by the head maid."

That was a surprise.

In her past life, Stephanie (the head maid), was in charge of Nero. Well, the old woman eventually became her nanny when Nero was transferred to the Blanco Palace. Thanks to Stephanie, her life in Luna Palace became more bearable until Duke Quinzel adopted her.