QUEEN OF PROVOCATION

Chapter 42

QUEEN OF PROVOCATION

[THE first rule for kids to be liked by adults is to be polite.]

As a former child star during her second life, that was one of the things that Neoma learned. Thanks to that, she was able to charm adults and children alike. If she was able to convince 9,999,999 million people to follow her on her social media platform, using her charisma to a duke shouldn't be that hard.

"Greetings, Lord Sloane," Neoma greeted the duke politely. "I apologize for the commotion that you unfortunately witnessed."

Sir Glenn, Byron, and Harry all bowed to Duke Sloane as a greeting.

On the other hand, she had to discreetly nudge Lewis before he bowed his head.

[Gosh, my son can sometimes be a handful.]

"I'm glad that I ran into you today, Your Royal Highness," Duke Sloane said but his eyes were fixed on Lewis. "I see that you're playing with your friends." He finally turned to her again. "But can I have a few minutes of your time, Your Royal Highness?"

"I think you've misunderstood something, Your Grace," she said with a smile. "We're not playing around. We are members of the Book Reading Club that I organized and we seriously discuss books during our time."

[Well, discussing anime and comic series is serious for weebs.]

"I apologize if my careless words offended you, Your Royal Highness," the duke said in a very casual manner that obviously lacked sincerity.

[The second rule for kids to be liked by adults is to be humble.]

"It's fine as long as you understand, Your Grace," she said, then she turned to her companions. "Brother Byron, Brother Harry, please go back to our library without me." When the two boys nodded, she smiled and turned to Lewis. "Please escort the young lords, Lewis."

As expected, Lewis had a look of protest on his face.

"Lewis," she said sternly.

Lewis bowed to her, then he awkwardly escorted Byron and Harry back to the library.

She turned to Sir Glenn to tell him to leave but his smile told her that there was no way he'd leave her alone with the duke.

[Fine.]

She faced the duke with a bright smile. "Your Grace, would you like to have tea with me?"

"No," Duke Sloane said with a big, arrogant smirk. "But I'd like to talk with you in private, Your Royal Highness."

[What a rude f*ckface.]

But she was glad that the duke chose his own "death."

[Papa Boss is probably aware of this so let me teach you a lesson today, Duke Sloane– my true character comes out when I'm alone with my target.]

Neoma let out a soft laugh while thinking of different ways to "kill" the arrogant duke. "As you wish, Your Grace."

***

NEOMA brought Duke Sloane in the grand pavilion in the middle of a pond. It was located just across the Sapphire Palace aka Nero's royal library.

And it was the perfect location for her plan.

[I heard that the pond is magical. It appears to be shallow, but it's actually deep. And the fish living in her actually eat human flesh. Kind of like piranhas.]

Gosh, sometimes even her was surprised at how creative she was.

[I'm glad Sir Glenn didn't insist to stay near us.]