UNWITHERING ROSE

NEOMA was surprised when Sir Glenn said that they were heading to the de Moonasterio Shrine instead of the Royal Tower.

And since only a few people had the permission to enter the shrine's premise, the knight asked her servants to return to Blanco Palace. That meant even Stephanie and Alphen– the head maid and head butler of her palace– didn't have access to the shrine.

Anyway...

Sir Glenn received a call from Count Kyle Sprouse a while ago. According to her father's aide, the emperor was now heading to the shrine. She didn't know what was happening but based on the anxious look on Sir Glenn's face, something terrible must have happened.

Is it related to the talking book?

"Sir Glenn, the de Moonasterio Shrine is where the royal family members are laid to rest, right?" Neoma asked. Of course, she was using euphemism. The shrine is nothing but a private cemetery for the royal family.

"Yes, Your Royal Highness," Sir Glenn said, anxiousness still visible on his face. "We are headed the late empress's shrine."

Okay, hearing that made her nervous.

And that nervousness turned into anxiousness when they reached the shrine.

The de Moonasterio Shrine was like a modern museum in the middle of a luxurious park. As soon as they stepped foot in the premise, she felt a heavy pressure on her shoulders.

"Your Royal Highness, are you alright?" Sir Glenn asked worriedly.

"I'm alright," she assured him. "I was just a little surprised at how powerful the barrier around the area is."

The knight smiled. "You're impressive, Your Royal Highness. The first time I stepped foot in here, I fell on my knees while choking because of the heavy aura in the air. The fact that you're standing straight without having difficulty in breathing proves that you have the right to enter the shrine. I shouldn't be surprised though. After all, you're a de Moonasterio."

She just smiled and was about to say something when suddenly, a group of well-dressed old noblemen came running towards him.

"Your Royal Highness!"

Sir Glenn immediately stood in front of her protectively. He didn't have to say anything. The aura that he emitted clearly said that if those men took one more step towards her, he'd apprehend them.

The noblemen really stopped approaching her and maintained a safe distance from her. But the way they looked at her was making her feel uncomfortable.

Their eyes were begging her for some reason.

"Your Royal Highness, please stop His Majesty!" one of the five noblemen pleaded her. "His Majesty is about to do the unspeakable act to the late empress's tomb!"

The way Sir Glenn remained silent told her that he knew what was going on.

Neoma recognized the noblemen in front of her as her father's advisors. Had the situation been different, she would have entertained them to gain their favor. But she was curious as to what the emperor was up to. "Let's go, Sir Glenn," she said, then she walked past him.

Sir Glenn immediately caught up with her and escorted her to the shrine properly.

The White Lion Knights outside the shrine stopped the noblemen from following them. And so, they were able to enter the shrine quietly.

She noticed that Count Kyle Sprouse was standing near the door while Emperor Nikolai was standing close to the single tomb inside the room. When Sir Glenn stood beside the count and bowed to her, she realized that they couldn't enter the chamber further.