BLOOD OF A ROSEHEART

"YOUR MAJESTY, the reason that Her Royal Highness collapsed has nothing to do with her short trip to hell," Madam Hammock, the Royal Healing Sage, informed him after she checked on the royal princess. He summoned her in his office so right now, the Healing Sage was standing in front of his desk. "It seems like the blood of Roseheart in Princess Neoma's veins is starting to awaken."

Nikolai suspected that much. He put his teacup down on the table before he raised his head to meet the Healing Sage's gaze. The relief on her face already told him that Neoma's life wasn't in danger. Well, he knew that the royal princess's life wasn't in danger. That was why he stayed in his office even though he heard of what happened to her. "If that's the case, then we should just let her rest. We can't stop the awakening of her blood anyway."

The Healing Sage nodded in agreement. "Her Royal Highness might need a week's worth of bed rest, Your Majesty. Even if she wakes up, please don't let her leave her room."

He just nodded. "You're dismissed, Madam Hammock."

Madam Hammock politely bowed to him before she left his office.

When he was finally alone again (he asked Glenn to guard outside when he received Madam Hammock in his office a while ago), he leaned back in his seat and shut his eyes tight.

The Roseheart Blood is indeed alive in Neoma's veins.

To be honest, House Roseheart used to be a high-ranking household in the empire. In fact, it was an old family. But the higher nobles during his great grandfather's time weren't happy with the special ability that the Rosehearts were "cursed" with.

And also, House Roseheart was the only matriarchal family in the empire back then.

The men were the ones who would marry into the Rosehearts and take their wife's last name instead of the other way around. House Roseheart was given that privilege because their blood didn't allow them to give birth to a son.

Yes, the children born into the Roseheart family were all girls.

The real reason why the higher nobles chose Juliet over Mona as his consort wasn't simply because of her "filthy blood." They thought Mona couldn't give him an heir, and so they did everything to separate her from him. Then, they pushed Juliet to be the next empress instead of a Roseheart.

But lo and behold, Mona gave me twins– a princess and a prince.

Since people knew that the Rosehearts couldn't give birth to a son, a lot of nobles were skeptical about Nero's "true" origin. But too bad for his detractors because the royal prince looked like his carbon copy.

They couldn't deny that Nero was his son because he had the physical traits that proved he was a de Moonasterio. Of course, his Mana, aura, and the life of the Soul Beast inside his soul were the most solid pieces of evidence that the royal prince was really his son.

But the blood of a Roseheart was dormant in Nero's veins.

"Your Majesty?"

"Come in," he told his knight.

Glenn greeted him when he entered his office, then he stood formally in front of his desk. "Aren't you going to visit Her Royal Highness, Your Majesty?"

"Do I have to?" he asked. "It's not like her life is in danger. The awakening of her mother's blood in her is a natural process for a female Roseheart."

House Roseheart had produced beautiful, strong, smart, powerful, and talented women in the empire during their household's peak.

And that was the reason for their downfall.