THROW THE WHOLE MAN AWAY

Chapter 27

THROW THE WHOLE MAN AWAY

"YOUR ROYAL Highness, please rest here for the meantime," High Priest Wellington told Neoma as he ushered her to a parlor room. "We will summon you once His Holiness is done with the preparations needed for the Mana transfusion."

Neoma sat on the sofa and looked at the High Priest seriously. "Your Eminence?"

The High Priest smiled gently. "Yes, Your Royal Highness?"

"Your last name is Wellington, isn't it?" she asked curiously. "Is there a chance that a dish was named after your family name? Perhaps, a pie made of fillet steak coated in pâté de foie gras, wrapped in puff pastry, then baked?"

She was proud of herself for memorizing the W*kipedia description of a beef wellington. Back in her second life, she had a phase where she got so obs*ssed with G*rdon R*msay that she watched all his cooking shows. Thanks to that obsession, she got so curious of his signature dish– the beef wellington– that she even tried to replicate the dish.

Thus, she memorized the recipe and the definition of beef wellington.

Reminiscing a part of her second life made her realize one crucial thing about her current personality.

[I got my dirty mouth from G*rdon R*msay!]

After all, the chef was known for cursing a lot.

[And I mean, like, A LOT.]

Gosh, she should have just watched P*ppa Pig. If she did, maybe she had gotten her dream British accent back in her second life. Well, G*rdon R*msay was also an Englishman but the chef cursed way too much that she couldn't really appreciate his accent.

"I apologize but I'm afraid I don't understand your question, Your Royal Highness," High Priest Wellington said. "The origin of my family name has always rooted from serving the church and the gods. The third saint of the empire was Saint Wellington, my ancestor."

"Oh, I see," Neoma said, cutting-off the High Priest with a smile. She was no longer interested in his family name's origin now that she knew that it had nothing to do with beef wellington. "Thank you for bringing me here, Your Eminence."

Knowing that he was already being dismissed, His Eminence smiled and bowed to her before he left the room quietly.

She was yet to get comfy in her seat when the door opened...

... and then Emperor Nikolai entered the parlor room.

[My day be fine then boom! A wild sc*mbag appears.]

"Papa Boss, I want to stand up and greet you properly but my short legs are too tired," Neoma lied. Well, she was tired but not to the point that she couldn't stand up. Still, she felt too lazy to move just to greet her father. They were alone in the room anyway. "Let me give you a salute instead."

She really did give the emperor a salute.

Emperor Nikolai, who seemed to be already used to her shenanigans, just ignored her salute and sat on the sofa opposite hers. "Why didn't you complete the forbidden spell that will tie your life force to Prince Nero?" he confronted her. "That was your only chance to ensure your survival for the rest of your life."

"How did you know that I didn't tie my life force with his?" she asked curiously. "Did Nero or the saint tell you, Papa Boss?"

"They don't need to tell me anything," he said. "As someone who executed the same forbidden spell a few years ago, I can tell whether you did it or not."

Ah, right.

Saint Macaroni told her about Her Royal Highness Princess Nichole who was forced to sacrifice her life for her father.