FIGHT ME, SOUL BEAST!

Chapter 4

FIGHT ME, SOUL BEAST!

NEOMA woke up in the plain white room.

No, it would be more appropriate to say that she was inside a giant cube and all the sides were white. She was standing in the center while facing a black shadow beast that was shaped like a dragon. But it seemed like a baby dragon because it was just a little taller than her.

[But a dragon? How cliché! I want something more magical!]

"A little de Moonasterio, huh?" the shadow dragon mocked her in a deep, menacing voice. "I didn't expect that you'd awaken at such a young age. The question is... can you handle me?" His long snake forked tongue came out of his huge mouth and wiggled like it was supposed to be intimidating. "If you can't, I'll eat your soul."

[Let's see... how did Nero handle his Soul Beast again?]

Every de Moonasterio was supposed to have a 'Soul Beast' inside. It served as their guardian but not everyone could summon or use its power. According to the legends, the Soul Beasts were picky when it comes to choosing their masters. Just because she was a de Moonasterio didn't mean that this shadow dragon would serve her.

But in her past life, when Nero awakened, he was able to control his Soul Beast that came in the form of a shadow wolf. Thankfully, during that time, Nero told the emperor how he was able to control the Soul Beast.

And thankfully, she still remembered what Nero said then.

Every single detail was stuck in her mind because, during her first life, she tried to summon her Soul Beast. Sadly, it didn't heed her call. Maybe it was because she was weak-willed then.

[But now, I have all the motivation I need.]

Neoma cracked the knuckles of her small hands while rotating her head slowly from side to side. "Hey, clench your teeth," she said. "And no hard feelings, okay?"

The shadow dragon, even though didn't have a face, appeared to be confused.

She used that moment to run towards him as fast as her short legs would allow her. Then, she raised her tiny fist and punched the shadow dragon in what appeared like its throat. She thought her fist was going to get through but fortunately, she hit a solid body.

And as soon as her knuckles connected to the shadow-y throat, her punch sent the dragon flying until it hit the white wall. The impact was strong enough to put a crack on it.

Neoma blew on the top of her fist like a badass that she thought she was. "I'm the boss here, 'got that?"

According to Nero, the Soul Beasts resided inside their soul. Thus, the name. Duh.

That meant that the "cube" she was in was the deepest part of her soul. And the master of her soul was her and no one or nothing else. To "tame" the Soul Beast, all she had to was take control. If she thinks that she's stronger than the dragon, then she'd be stronger than it.

[In short, willpower is the answer.]

In her past life, Nero said that he beat the wolf into a pulp until it called him "master."

[My twin brother is so violent.]

Well, it wasn't like she was one to talk.

[Damn, it seems like violence runs in our veins.]

"Hey!" the shadow dragon complained when it got up from the floor. "You punched my throat, you little b*tch!"

[Oh, right.]

Nero also said that their Soul Beasts would have the same personality as them.

[I have a bad mouth so this little shit also has one, huh?]