AHA, LISTEN BOY: MY FIRST LOVE STORY

"YOU HAVE fallen in love?!" Neoma asked Lewis with wide eyes. "With whom?!"

Lewis pointed a finger at her.

Okay, for some weird reason, her heart thumped loud and fast against her chest.

"Corndog," Lewis said, then he put his hand down. "I love the corndog that you make, Princess Neoma."

Oh, that made her feel relieved.

Of course, Lewis is still too young to experience falling in love.

Anyway...

When she missed the snacks that she often ate back in her second life, she started to recreate them. Corndog was the easiest to make since sausages already existed in the empire. The ingredients needed to make the batter were also available.

Lewis loved the classic corndog that she made so she made different variations. Her son's favorite corndog was the one with mozzarella cheese and string potatoes crust. She liked the classic crust with sugar but she didn't mind putting extra effort for Lewis's favorite variety.

"I really love corndog, too," Neoma said with a smile. "But that's not the kind of love that I'm talking about, Lewis. I guess you're too young to know that."

He tilted his head to one side in confusion. "I'm older than you."

She just laughed it off. "Lewis, do you want me to make corndog for you now?"

Her son's face instantly lit up as he nodded eagerly.

Seeing his happy face made her feel regretful. "I should have made that the day you arrived. What a pity."

In her defense, she was busy that day that she barely had the time to welcome her son.

"Ah, I should make corndog for Hanna too once she arrives at the palace," Neoma said when she remembered that Hanna would arrive tomorrow. "Lewis, are you excited to meet my future fiancée?"

Lewis just gave her a blank stare and she knew right away what that meant.

Yep, this rude child thinks I'm not making sense but I taught him to shut up if he has nothing nice to say, and so the lack of reaction.

***

"WHAT are you doing, Neoma?"

"Training," Neoma said lazily while she was making slashing motions in the air with her hand. Right now, she lying on her side on the picnic blanket spread on the grass just under a huge tree. Of course, Lewis was standing behind her quietly. "I'm training with Skewer like you asked me to, Papa Boss."

As of the moment, Skewer– her now pink scythe– was floating in the air. Whenever she would make a slashing motion with her hand, the scythe would slash the scarecrows that she asked Stephanie and Alphen to make for her.

The scarecrows were cute. She drew an unrecognizable 'chibi' image of Emperor Nikolai and pasted them on every scarecrow's face. If not for the white hair and light gray eyes of the chibi, even her wouldn't recognize the drawing as her father.

"What kind of training is that?" Emperor Nikolai, her grumpy Papa Boss who stood in front of her, asked with furrowed brows. "Why don't you train with the Death's Scythe physically?"

"Skewer. Her name is 'Skewer' now," she corrected her father. And yes, she decided that Skewer was a girl. She wanted to have a female friend too, you know? "Aren't you amazed that I can control Skewer without touching it?"

She realized that she could control Skewer even without touching it when she used it as a "frisbee." She threw the Death's Scythe and asked H1 and H2 to fetch it as if it was a flying disc. But she miscalculated and the weapon almost hit Lewis.