Chapter One

Growing up, Pedri was always a nice boy. He always cared about how everyone was feeling and did his best to make them all feel as comfortable as possible. He's never experienced what it was to be in love. Of course, he's already had a few crushes but none actually led to anything. His brown hair and eyes were never enough to impress the girls, he practically lived under his friends' shadows, who had girls falling at their feet. He never blamed them for it though. At first, he thought his time would come, but it never did. He wasn't good enough to anyone's eyes.

Now that he had become a famous footballer, lots of girls wanted him and at first, he gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried to get to know them better, but at the end, all they were there for was his money or to get closer to his friends. He had given up on love, sure that it was just a myth love stories were based on. Although he didn't believe in love, this didn't mean he never felt lonely, he had his best friends, Pablo Gavi and Frenkie De Jong and other friends he cherished too. But in their friend group, they often did joint dates and he would always be alone and felt left out.

Nowadays, he lived with Pablo, who had just freshly broken up with his girlfriend, Kesha. They lived in a big house but not the average rich house. They had a few rooms and the necessary, which is what they enjoyed. They also had a big garden, with a pool and jacuzzi.

{_}

Finishing a long training with the Barcelona team, Pedri decides to go to a good waffle place down the street. Arrived, he pulls his hood over his face and orders his favourite, a waffle with whipped cream and some chopped strawberries on top. After paying, he went to the little terras that the waffle place shared with the ice cream one next door. There, he sat on a wooden bench, the other normal tables all being used.

Eating his waffle while scrolling through Instagram, one of his strawberries fell on the bench. Being the polite person he is, he picks it up and wipes the small damp stain dry. That done, he remarks a carving in the wood. It took him a while to decipher whatever was written on it but after a while he understood it was an Instagram handle

He turned his phone back on and continued scrolling. He then remembered he had to post an Instagram ad on his profile, so he did so. During the time he created his post, he couldn't stop thinking about the Instagram handle right before him.

He replied to a few messages before quickly finishing his waffle as two girls had now sat down on the other side of the bench. They hadn't recognised him yet, or maybe they just didn't care, but he used this as an advantage and drove home.

Arriving home, he couldn't resist his curiosity and typed up the handle in his search bar. This resulted in one public profile, a girl called Cata. He then decided he wanted to message her, to ask her why she wrote her Instagram on the bench.

He switched onto his secret profile, one no one knew about, not even Pablo. He had created it to get some peace, he followed whoever he wanted to and liked what he wanted to too. A few people had followed him, soon getting him to 200 followers, without anyone knowing who was really behind the screen. He had called himself Pedro on it, knowing no one would suspect him under that name as it was quite common.

@cata.rdgz

Hey

Hi. Do we know each other ?

Yes, well, no. Are you the girl who carved in the bench ?

The one near the ice cream shop?
Yup. What can i do for you?

I just wanted to ask why you did it? Did you have any intentions ?I like your creativity haha

Well, I just thought it'd be fun
and I might meet some new fun
people. It's been 2 months or so
and your the first to message though

Well if you are still looking for a new friend, I'm looking for one too!

Sure! I'm having a hard time receiving instagram dms at the moment though.
Can I get your number or something
instead ?

Here : +39 389 74 51 27

After sending his number to her, he instantly regretted it. Questions flooded his head. What if she knew he was the Pedro? What if she leaked his number ? What if...

But he talked himself into being okay with because, how could she know who he is ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone !
I hope you're all doing well! I'm so excited to start this fanfic! I hope you like it and you'll continue reading. Don't hesitate to comment or vote !
Love, Pedriittaa <3

The bench // Pedri जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें