Anti-Air Combat!

Começar do início

"Indeed, both countries have reconnaissance aircraft patrolling this area."

If the range of the Hilund biplane fighter deployed in both countries was sufficient, the possibilities would expand even further with recon planes. Depending on the situation, it would be a stroke of luck if one of the navies happened to be conducting exercises nearby. At least, at this point, no vessels with IFFs that would respond to the Hashidate's surface search radar had moved, so all they could do was hope. Jojima had high hopes for the navies of both countries, which had modernized to near-World War II levels.

"Until then, we'll have to run while firing back. We're only Coast Guards. And from the perspective of their faster ships, even at top speed, we'll lose. We'll have to run away using all available means."

"Understood!"

Jojima raised his hand and gave orders to the ship's navigator, Nagase, and gunnery officer, Matsuoka.

"Full speed ahead!! Matsuoka, they'll open fire at us. Don't hesitate to shoot back with autocannons and missiles! Focus on both air and surface targets!"

"Yes, sir!! Full speed ahead!!"

"Deckhands, keep a sharp lookout for air and surface targets!! Don't just rely on radar, use your own eyes too!"

As the bridge became busy, Jojima murmured quietly to the deputy captain, Yamaguchi, so only he could hear.

"While we're just a Coast Guard ship, we have a responsibility to protect our own lives too. We won't give up until the last second, no, until the very last moment. Be prepared."

The normally mild-mannered Jojima showed a great deal of passion in this situation where his comrades' lives were at stake. The calm sea was about to turn ominous.

On the other hand, Commander Extell of the Finweden Sea Kingdom's coastal defense fleet was feeling extremely anxious. As expected, their home country had given in to the Yetisk Empire's pressure and ordered them to capture the Japanese ship. The Japanese had anticipated this to some extent and were now escaping at a speed of over 15 knots.

They had received a response to the telegram they had just sent, but it only said "You stupid." It was clear that Japan was not afraid of going to war with them.

It all depended on the attack of that patrol vessel. To be honest, there was doubt about whether they themselves would survive. But since it was an order, they had no choice but to carry it out, or they would face a court-martial for a serious offense.

If they failed, it would reflect poorly on the military, and the people on the field would bear the brunt of the reckless actions of the upper echelons.

"To be honest, I don't want to do this... but let's start the attack with carrier-based planes. Is the carrier ready for takeoff operations?"

"Currently, the carrier Snafras has its planes ready for takeoff. However, since there is no carrier on the enemy side and no visible airpower, we have already secured air superiority and can act accordingly."

In fact, the Finweden carrier, which looks similar to Japan's Ryūjō-class aircraft carrier, was equipped with bombers with foldable wings similar to the Ju 87 Stuka (C-type), but unfortunately, there are no air superiority fighters that can be carried on the current aircraft carrier. Thus, even though they own a carrier, they were basically forced to operate in nearby waters where air superiority is already secured, and it is unclear whether there is any point in having an aircraft carrier in the first place.

This was because the plane that can be used as carrier-based aircraft was similar to the Stuka, which was "similar to old Germany," a level that the Yetisk Empire has been able to replicate from the ancient civilization. Of course, in reality, fighter aircraft were also being developed, but the reason they were not provided by the Yetisk Empire was due to political issues.