Endings and Beginnings, New Paths

Hi, this is the second chapter I've posted this month.

Oh no, it's... Symphogear! Zi-O! ...Man, I've enjoying all the things I can't take my eyes off of, lol.

Soon, Volume 2 of the Summoning Japan manga will be released. I'm looking forward to this one as well.

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 30, 1738

Spernino Kingdom, Fort Cemental

About 10.000 infantrymen of Spernino and 1.000 winged warriors of Italicia were stationed here. They had set up a contingency system following the annihilation of the army that had been dispatched to the fortified city of Girard in the Republic of Francesca four days earlier.

The stone fortress is lined with the muzzles of the kingdom's newest cannons in various places, making it a fearsome sight for some and a reliable one for others. The castle gates are made of iron gates of the highest level by the kingdom's standards, and boast a strength that would make it impossible for cannons of the same level to easily destroy them.

Kakuto, the soldier on guard, stifled the drowsiness that came with the dawn as he stared firmly out over the horizon. But the God of Death had already extended his hand to him.

Hyuuuuuuuuu...

"Huh? What's that sound?"

Just as he looked around to see what the sound was, his consciousness was shut down forever with a furious flash. A series of explosions followed one after another inside the fort, and the stone fort, which was supposed to be sturdy, was quickly reduced to a pile of rubble. Many soldiers, including the commanding officer, died without understanding what had happened. The few soldiers who remained were swept away by the light bombs fired by the brown-horned beast-like creatures that snarled and loomed over the fort as it was being torn to shreds left and right, and left for the afterlife helpless.

The GSDF, in a manner almost identical to that of this fort, destroyed the defensive installations one after another leading to the capital city, Madroceo. Since all the forts were destroyed in the blink of an eye without even giving time to contact headquarters, it is said that no one in the capital knew that the five forts leading to the capital had fallen. Of course, the residents living around the forts and on the roads leading up to them understood that the forts had fallen with overwhelming force, and there was no one who would come to the SDF's teeth.

On the other hand, the SDF could not afford to frighten or antagonize the uninvolved civilians, so they took humane measures such as helping those in trouble along the way and treating the injured, which made the civilians wonder, "Are those the troops of a hostile country?" The SDF's good-natured response later became a topic of conversation even within the Spernino Kingdom.

Aside from that, the SDF proceeded without any problems, including the capture of the fortress, and proceeded toward the capital while occasionally helping others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 5, 1738

Spernino Kingdom, 15 kilometers northeast of Madroceo

The JGSDF Spernino Dispatch Unit was in position here. Although tanks and other artillery could not reach the area, howitzers could reach the area if there were helicopters and other observation devices. The largest road leading to the capital was blocked by the Japanese, so access in and out of the capital was blocked. Other narrow streets and back roads, as far as could be ascertained, were also blocked off with only a few vehicles to prevent the enemy from getting out.