Chapter 48

During the day, before did these tasks, I helped out with the preparation of the party snacks. This was too alongside all the increasing duties of Elsa's wellbeing. I made two chocolate fudge cakes that were to be served to the guests at the meal. I also made some posh nibbles. These I would never dare to eat myself. I offered one to Elsa as a test for her, but after five years of my cookery, she had more sense. These nibbles were things like olives in a toothpick or a tiny, tiny piece of a cucumber and cheese sandwich. They take longer to say that to eat. The nibbles I made on my first attempt, but the chocolate cake did not go so well, I may have burnt it ever so slightly. I deemed it still edible but unpresentable to the critical guests. So, Elsa had I had a large feast of a very chocolaty dessert on the day before the coronation and also Elsa's birthday. Both of us enjoyed that immensely. This was as good as it sounds and it provided Elsa with the only real enjoyment that she had both on her birthday and on the build up to the coronation day. It would be wrong to call it depression but it wasn't all nerves either. When she was depressed, all she wanted to do was sit all the time very quietly. But here she was pacing, singing and practising holding a jewellery box and a candlestick to imitate the orb and sceptre and attempting to control her ice as she did so. As per usual, the more she tried the less success that she had. This didn't help the nerves in the slightest. At this late stage, I decided that it was best just to do nothing as being nervous was completely natural. The only difference here is that it is difficult to tell the difference between nerves and depression for Elsa. Besides, I had already reminded her of my promise from day one and that I was going to be there supporting her throughout the coronation and her reign.