Chapter 34

When Elsa's nineteenth birthday came along, which was about four years after I was first hired, I had to remind her that in one years' time she would be the age to accept the throne and would have to be coroneted. I said to her, "As you well know, in a year's time, you will become the queen. I have been told by John that you need to have a little insight into the aspects of the job. So, I have made it my duty to over the next year; teach you the responsibilities of control and power of the kingdom and how the trade aspect works." I knew that she did not need to be taught the basics as she was always been a very polite person where possible so would know how to behave in front of some important people. How she would use this knowledge was something that she had to figure out on her own. I would even have trouble doing that at times. The other thing that she already knew how to do was to keep a low profile from the public as she had been isolated all her life so knew all too well what she would have to do to do this. Also, I would still be her guard and that meant that she wouldn't have to worry about this. I offered her the opportunity to talk to John, but she turned it down on the grounds that I would know as much as he did and that she trusted me more than him.