Chapter 47

With a week to go and the invitations sent out, I moved on to my next job. I met up with the thirty chosen guards to acquaint myself with them. After all, I was effectively their boss. Over the final six evenings, I spent about fifteen minutes with each and every one of them to learn both their strengths and weaknesses before assigning them to their post that would be maintained on the day of coronation. It was still crucial that I knew their weaknesses if the worst happened, so I listened attentively to them all. I also took the liberty of assigning the general place that they would occupy on a normal day in Arendelle during Elsa's reign. One unlucky guard was noticeable similar to Anna so I gave him the misfortune of being her guard, just like I am to Elsa. It is important that the heir has a protector and once Elsa became the queen then there was the need for a guard for Anna, I was just sorting this in advance.  However, this fellow protecting Anna would not have the same duties as me; by this I mean that he was under no requirement to get involved in Anna's life. All he had to do was stand outside the door and guard it. If anything happened then he would obviously do something, but the reigns were loose knowing Anna's antics. The only reason that it wasn't the same for me and Elsa was because Elsa was different as in she had the ice powers and isolation within the package. Anna was normal(ish) (you know, for an Anna).