Chapter 46

After this, I had to work the longest and hardest hours that I ever had to do since I took the job. It was a full, literally non-stop week and a half of toil. First of all, I was given a list of instructions to do with Elsa's preparation. Most things were minor or already done. The main aspect was that she had to have an early night to be fresh in the morning. You'd swear that we were children, but we still had to obey. So, at nine ó clock every night up to the coronation eve she went to bed. I wish I had the same luxury as this as once she did so, I had to report to John's office where we both spent six hours every night inviting all the heads in power of all Arendelle partners in trade, allies and friends. It was tight as all the note had to be sent by drones imported from China at least a week in advance. Despite all this, it remained a very rewarding process as the amount of time that we had to spend to get it all done was just a reminder of what John and I had accomplished as a partnership. We both remember as we wrote the invitations, the aspects that made us accept them in the first place. Although, at the end of the job it turned sad as this was to be that last major task that John was to undertake as the regent king. This was the end of our partnership. However, for me it was not completely over as once the coronation was over, then it would reform as Elsa and I with John in the wings acting only as a masthead in his retirement. John told me that he needed a change of scenery to get away from it all after five years.