Chapter 8

I returned to my quarters, went inside and locking the door behind me as of instruction. At the sound of the lock turning, Elsa called on me and I went in. She was up from the corner and sitting in the armchair, looking at me in a serious manner. She invited me into her quarters and told me to sit down of the sofa opposite her. T noticed that the source area for the ice on the wall (still existent) had not moved from the corner I left her sitting in. By this I came to the conclusion that she was in a good enough sort of mood. You couldn't have told this from the expression on her face though. You could of sworn that we were about to start playing poker. She then began, "What is your job description?" Baffled, I replied "well, I was never given one written down to read but I guess that it is probably to be your bodyguard, security manager and general servant" When I went to continue, she stopped me and said, "all my life I have been treated as if I am disabled and incapable of doing the simplest of things.. I would have no other choice other than to just sit and eat, become depressed and be alive only because I have to. Did you know that neither john nor Martha ever came past the windowsill in fifteen years? Only four people have ever sat on that sofa. Myself, mum, dad and now you. Anyway, I'm fed up with that. I don't want a servant. I don't need a servant, but instead a teacher. And this fresh start with you is the perfect opportunity. You haven't had your brain moulded into thinking that I am a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. If this were true then I would have exploded seven years ago. No, I want to lead a more normal life." She then got up and poured herself a glass of water, and said "small steps first." I smiled and responded saying "you know this is most likely the beginning of a wonderful friendship."