Chapter 32

At the far left was my study. In here there was a large, round, wooden desk to spread out all the documents during my technique for doing the trade work. Beside this there was a filing cabinet and a cupboard for storing the hard copies that I kept of all business associates. But most of the entire cupboard contained the most important thing in the office that everyone desires; many packets of biscuits. It was because of these candy treats that the cupboard had to be kept under lock and key. I would not have put it past Elsa to sneak in, while I was out collecting her supplies, and clear it out. The decoration was the same as all the other rooms, slightly striped wallpaper that stretched right up the wall to the three quarter mark where a banner of about fifteen centimetres thick consisting of the patterns that Elsa embroidered at first stretched around the room. Above this there was a plain purpled green paint that went up to the ceiling. On the ceiling there were no designs and only a white paint had been applied.

 In the kitchen, I had just about all I needed plus ten times more in luxuries. I had a four set hob cooker that runs on gas. This came on top of an oven for roasting and baking and a grill. This may sound normal but this was only for two people and before we managed without too much trouble on basically a campfire. Around the rest of this wall containing the cooker, there were many cupboards filled already with saucepans, bowls, cutlery, plates, some loaves of bread and some other food items that I had delivered. On top of already having all this installed there was still space for even more if needed. All the saucepans, plates and cutlery were all in the quarters beforehand and the workmen simply put them in before they left. In the same area there was the dining room. Here we had one of those really long tables that stretched across the vast majority of the room lengthwise with two seats at either end. It was just a normal palace one made out of wood with normal sized chairs. Not the expected ones that the headrest went up so high that it hit off the roof. All in all, this room was the plainest of all of the six.

 Next along in the order came my quarters. This had not been touched at all by the workmen as it was the room that Elsa and I occupied while the workmen were here. It therefore contained all the same furniture except that I had rearranged it all about to give it the feel that it was new. The desk that was in it before was been move across to my study. This was the only major change to this room.

 Beside this was Elsa's quarters. This was the biggest and fanciest room of all. Everything was in and around the same place except that everything had been upgraded to the best models that we could find. All of course but Elsa's trusted armchair which she couldn't find the heart to replace due to the deep sentimental value felt on her behalf. However, the sofa had been replaced so it becomes big enough to seat ten people in comfort. This rendered it next to useless as again the maximum amount of people that would ever sit on it would be two. We made up for all the extra space by piling on over a hundred extra cushions. Elsa's bed had been upgraded from what looked a lot like a hospital bed to a huge, curtained four poster bed. Some new additions that she hadn't had before was: a dressing table complete with a candlestick, small mirror, jewellery box and sewing kit. The once plain window had been turned into a glass opening door that could now lead out onto an overhanging balcony that gazed out on Arendelle village and the front courtyard of the palace. This was one of the main features as it allowed us to both be able to get outside without having to leave the confinements of the quarters. On the ceiling of Elsa's quarters, and hers only, there was a 3D design raised in stone from the roof that met in the middle to hold a crystal chandelier the overhung the room. The patterns were all original designs that Elsa had made on her dresses and made a record of in her scrapbook. The marvel of this chandelier was one of its kinds within the castle; no other room had such a spectacle and I had to smirk inside that it was in the room that two people only ever go. To the rest it is non-existent.

 Next along was Elsa's workshop. This was mostly just a padded chair and a desk in the middle of the room with a wall filled with cubby holes containing all that she required to make her dresses. Here, the theory was that she would sit and make her dresses all day every day until her heart was content. This is what she did over the next couple of years.

 Finally there was Elsa's walk-in wardrobe and both of our general store. This was mostly where all the dresses that Elsa made were kept before we gave them to Martha to go and sell at the market during the week. She sorted it so that the dresses that she was going to give to Martha was all in one area, and the dresses that she liked personally and thought she might wear herself was all in another area. These took up the vast majority of the store as it was not a big room by any manner of means. The bit that I used it for would be for keeping the milk cool as there was no heating in this room as there was in all the others, or as time went on filing away any of the non-current documents for places that were signed as dignitaries a long time ago such as the Southern isles and Weselton. I did keep them in the filing cabinet but this soon filled up as it only had two drawers.