Chapter 24

Hermeusa woke up the next morning, by the sun's light. She blinked a few times, after opening her eyes. Stretching out, she got up. "Wha- what happened?" She asked, looking around. Blaze went to her, being the first one awake. 

"Hermeusa, you're awake!" He said joyfully, giving her a hug. She hugged back. "We escaped from Aku, after you lost to him. Luckily, Oliver got you out of the castle. Now we're all here in this camp." He explained. Hermeusa heard the explanation, yet she was angry and bummed out. Sure she was grateful to still be alive. Though it would've also been good to have finished Aku off. 

"I see. Is the castle still where we saw it?" She asked him. Blaze shook his head, nope, it disappeared. Who knows where it is." He answered. Hermeusa gave out an annoyed sigh, and got up. "We're back to square one." She said frustrated. Blaze grabbed Hermeusa's hand. "Hey, don't say that. We've got each other and that's what's important. We'll defeat Aku, yesterday was just not our day." Blaze tried to comfort her. 

Hermeusa nodded, yet she was still cranky about all this. The others soon started to wake up. They made themselves food and started to make their way again. Everyone took notice of the mood change. Which most radiated from Hermeusa. A settlement appeared in the distance. This spot would be used as one for getting more supplies. 

The group separated into groups of two. Denzin and Eika were at a stall when a Hamster-like creature came to them. They were asking for help, believing it to be quick. The two decided to help, and followed the creature. Hermeusa, Blaze, Sudalinn, and Oliver were done with their tasks. However, neither Denzin nor Eika had come to the spot they had decided to meet up at again. 

⚡This-isn't-like-them-to-be-late 😥⚡ Sudalinn communicated. "She's right, perhaps we should go look for them." Blaze suggested. "Nonsense, I've known both long enough. Denzin would nevuh back down from touble. Eika cuhtainly would follow Denzin. So they'd still be togethuh and Denzin wouldn't let ham befall on them." Oliver replied. 

Hermeusa was seated, leaning on the grate of a water fountain. Being unusually quiet. Sudalinn looked at her, ⚡Aren't-you-going-to-say-anything 😕⚡ She communicated. Hermeusa looked at the emoji alien. "I don't see a point in going after them. Oliver makes a strong point." She answered only. Blaze looked around, he spotted a poster for a show that was happening this afternoon. His eyes widened with delight and his tail wagged. 

"Guys, while we're waiting for the two to get back. Why don't we catch the show?" He said enthusiastically. "Might be nice," Oliver answered. ⚡I'd-like-that⚡ Sudalinn answered. The three looked at Hermeusa. "Fine" she said, impassive. The group left the fountain and entered a stage tent where the show was to be performed. 

The 4 took their seats, and the show began. The Hamster-like creatures did tricks and acrobatics. Everyone was having a spectacular time, except Hermeusa. She slipped away from the tent. Looking up at the sky, as afternoon turned into dusk. 

"What am I doing?" She asked herself and sat down. "I was so sure of myself. I was…so sure that I was ready." She put her head between her legs. "I let everyone down." A hand was placed on her arm. She looked up to see it was Denzin. Beside him was Eika. 

"You've let no one down Hermeusa." He said in a gentle voice. "No one faults you for what happened." He continued, Eika nodded. "You're the reason why we're still together. You are the reason why we continue the fight." Eika chimed in. Hermeusa took their words to heart, which greatly eased her. "What about Aku?" She asked.

"He will keep being the biggest threat we face. However, I know that we will keep being the thorn in his side. I certainly know that you are destined to stop him." Denzin said with a smile, Eika helped Hermeusa up. Hermeusa smiled at them, "Thank you both. Anyways, where were you two?" "We were helping one of these settlers. They had a bully, so Denzin taught them how to stand-up for themselves. I helped with moral support." Eika explained. 

"Where are the others?" Denzin asked. "Oh, they're watching a show. Come on" Hermeusa answered, and motioned them to follow. The three went to the tent.