XL

Author's POV

The car came into an abrupt screech as it stopped at it's destination. The PA got off the driver's seat as he opened the passenger's door for his boss to come out.

Media was floating around the hotel with bright blinking camera vidoes as they swapped around Leonardo noticing him but was stopped by guards from a certain distance due to protocols given.

Leonardo was used to be standing in front of these flahy cameras. After all who doesn't know about the CH empire's heir.

Without any wait, he went straight into the hotel and was guided by the manager to the hall where the party is held.

Entering the hall, Leonardo could see different familiar faces of high busniess conglomerates and politicians with reporters spreaded everywhere.

From the stage Suzy saw him and quickly went to him with her father following behind.

" LEO!" She called him out in a high cutesy manner and hugged him but before she could kiss him on his cheek, he stopped her.

" Happy birthday Suzy" He wished her  birthday with his monotone voice already wanting to leave the place.

" I am glad you were able to come Mr.Henz. Thank you for attending" Suzy's father said his gratitude with a toothy smile as they both shaked hands as greetings.

They were now in the middle of the hall surrounded with guests and reporters flashing their camera at the three famous public figure as the hall buzzed with their flying questions.

" MR.HENZ! IS IT TRUE YOU ARE GOING TO GET ENGAGE WITH MISS.SUZY?!" A reporter asked and Leonardo already knew the bimbo beside him had done something to raise such a question.

" MR.HENZ! ARE YOU PLANNING TO TAKE MISS. SUZY AS YOUR WIFE?!"

" SIR! IS IT TRUE THAT YOU BOTH HAVE BEEN SECRETLY DATING!"

The questions kept coming and the moment Leonardo raised his hand everyone was silent and the hall was filled with nothing but the shuttering of cameras and blinking of lights.

" I guess there are some clearings to do." He said as he walked up to the stage with his PA hot on his tail.

All attention was on him once he was on the stage, mic in his hand given by one of the staff as the whole hall was in pin drop silence.

" Good evening everyone. First of I would like to congratulate my busniess partner's daughter Miss. Suzy Gilberto for her 25th birthday." He began followed by applauses from the audiences.

Leonardo's gaze was soon on Suzy's who was having an excited smile but only he knows what her intentions are behind that wicked smile of hers.

" First I would like to decline of all the rumors regarding me and Miss. Suzy. There were no such thing discussed between us and nor will it be in the future." He stressed those last words as he continued and murmurs was soon filled in the hall from the audience at what they heard.

Suzy's cocky expression was soon replaced by visible anger. Her eyebrows contracted with known confusion as her nose flared with rage.

She felt humiliated.

After all the high talks she did infront of them by also showing a ring on her finger telling the reporters it was Leonardo who has given her but now when he was declining everything she became a laughing stock.

" My company will release an official statement to decline of the said rumor circulated" he concluded as he narrowed his gaze at Suzy for her reckless action.